This plant is dead.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by iggiafrica, Apr 14, 2013.

1. No hope of coming back? Never used any nutes,, been organic. My journal ( iggi-indica forum search can't copy paste ) and I swear I had everything set up right.

image-2122419524.jpg

image-1461341955.jpg

Thoughts? My lease is up in 4 months, is it worth dropping another in the dirt? Should I add something to the soil?

igi

2. What's your medium? And, have you measured your ph run-off?

3. No ph tester I mist with distilled water and water with tap water.. Dunno the ph of it. Sphagnum peat moss, Ewc, compost mix, organic fert 4 1 1 kelp meal alfalfa meal. Around 6 weeks... She looked awesome a week ago.

4. She looks over fertilized and possibly leaning into an iron deficit because PH is to high. Are you in the states, I suspect not?

5. Indeed I am in the states. What natural solutions could I use to lower ph? Is it too late? What should I do? I accidentally mixed in water soluble fert with the soil before I planted, so over fert makes sense.

6. I'm trying to figure out your best solution. Thing is, sphagnum Peat has a PH of about 4.5 and if you did the accident thing, then definitely over ferted. But it looks like your plant is expressing a Manganese Deficit also, so with Mn and Fe being locked out minutely starting above 6.5 then the PH could be very high... but on the other hand, if your PH is very low coupled with over fertilization, it would express the Fe and Mn deficit also. So, I'm in a dad-gum conundrum same as you because I don't hardly know what to tell you, and I don't usually find myself in this position.

Best thing to do is flush for sure, and to be on the safer side of caution, I'd run 6 times the amount of water through her tonight that is 6 times equal the medium... in other word, if your medium were one gallon you'd run through 6 gallon of water.

If you are in the states? Dude in Florida will have soil PH strips to you in 3 days max, sometimes two, with free shipping. Would you like the link? Then, Dude in China will sale you two packs of 80 strips (same strips as dude in Florida) for $1.99 with free shipping but takes much longer.

I'll go run down the links.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ill flush when I get home tonight then. Ill have to run 12 gal thru it. Can I use shower water? Lol

8. Put though the best water available to you.

9. [quote name='"iggiafrica"']No ph tester I mist with distilled water and water with tap water.. Dunno the ph of it. Sphagnum peat moss, Ewc, compost mix, organic fert 4 1 1 kelp meal alfalfa meal. Around 6 weeks... She looked awesome a week ago.[/quote]

You have no aeration. Your plant looks tiny IMO. Did you let your soil "cook"?

10. Yes I did. And the plant shrunk quite a bit from last week, it WAS really healthy.

11. Makes no sense to me really. Sorry man. All I can think of is no aeration = most likely extreme over watering :/

12. image-3597239201.jpg

Looked worse when I got home so I pulled her out. Was my first, won't be my last tho. For this reason I only planted 1 :)

Advice? Should I drop another bean? Add something? Re mix a new medium first?

igi

13. If the lease is up in 4 months it may be too close. Does your landlord plan on showing the place before you move? You have to remember once the plant is in bloom it's going to smell, then when you chop it it has to dry somewhere and it's gonna smell at that point too. 4 months just doesn't sound like enough time to start and finish.

14. In the future, a good rule of thumb, if it's still green, it's still growing.  You could have saved that plant.

15. I guess you could try to repot it

lol did u guys even bother to look at the date this was posted april 2013..im sure hes had many more harvests since then

17. Nope. Lol. But repotting it wouldn't hurt.

• Like Like x 2
  18. lol ya i have dug up old threads doing searchs before myself and then get to looking and see it was a 2-3yr old thread..the life of a stoner i suppose  :hello:

• Like Like x 1
  19. I applaud you for doing a search.  Some of these young Blades will post every little question they can think of without searching first.

Stoner life is a fine life to live.  

• Like Like x 1