This needs to be said.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by A.R.C., Aug 15, 2013.

1. it's time to be honest with ourselves about something.

if you post any content in a subforum dedicated to discussion, debating, critiquing, or arguing for a certain topic, the content should be constructive, well-thought out, and coherent. if the content is vague, ambiguous, and incoherent---if it's posted for the sake of controversy---you are trolling.

if you pretend as though you are adding to a discussion when you have limited knowledge on what the topic pertains, and insist to play pretend when you've been corrected one thousand times with numerous counter arguments, you are trolling.

there are way too many people on this subforum who are too selfish (or, lazy) to perpetuate intelligent discussion, who only want to flaunt their beliefs for attention, and are too sensitive to face even the most constructive of criticisms. if any of this is the case, you can't get upset with anyone for calling you out on it.

if you're serious about intellectual inquiry, or anything... there are other ways to broaden knowledge than pretending to have everything all figured out, or acting like a four year old who throws temper-tantrums for not sharing toys they weren't playing with, at the moment.

most people cant see themselves subjectively so it just all revolves around them...sad really

3. If we adhere to that advice 90% of GC would not post including me.

4. I generally agree but we should get to have some fun. :D  Leave some room for that. 

I think that a lot of the time trolling posts (as you're defining them) only generate more similarly contentless posting (totally guilty of this, sorry).

5. People in general suck.....
    you should be used to it by now?

i'm a firm believer that no one should go hungry, this includes trolls---so, i'm just as guilty as anyone. but, sometimes it's hard for to tell who's who. and, since this isn't the General section, we should be seeing a lot less of this, imho.

i do. sometimes, i suck.

I feel a little tolerance is probably good in the sense that it puts out a welcome to people from that and other sections without necessarily inviting trolls in to troll it up all the time.  On the other hand, we have a rule against trolling and after an extended period of obvious trolling... well you'll have to fill in the rest as I'm like one bad joke from getting my balls tangled in the bandsaw.

8. We are all guilty from time to time.......
    Just happens some are guilty allthefuckingtime.....

9. Careful fishy..... i like having you around....

10. @[member="Boats And Hoes"]

11. #11 Postal Blowfish, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
    I'm going to say here that I think B&H often brings things into discussion that are good things to talk about, even if he doesn't usually display the intent to actually explore the topic there is still come value in it for whoever wants to pick it up and run with it.  There are other people who literally just post "yeah im right you're wrong fuck you YEAH" type of shit that is completely obvious.  I'm convinced that trolls have like a defcon thing going on so that they're like obnoxious about something specifically to get someone to call them out on the trolling, so they can turn around and then use the trolling topic to continue trolling and derailing.

Trollcon 1: god exists/doesn't exist/is a bowl of petunias, deal with it
    Trollcon 2: lol you cant handle the truth so you called me a troll
    Trollcon 3: i am offended by everything YOU say, even though people I like have said the exact same thing. stop disrespecting me

I dunno something like that :) WIP

12. can I get a hug?

Aw, even though I'm sticky and venomous he likes me! *big hug*

14. #14 Synyster Jesus, Aug 15, 2013

*FatGrow dies*

I reckon this post counts as trolling lol

15. if it's all love (poisonous, fatal love), it's not trolling.

16. Well, I'm not going to make a huge fucking post to refute what has already been refuted a thousand fucking times, already. I'm just here to add a little flavor, and to knock the delusional back to reality.

17. #17 LightAnother, Aug 15, 2013
    Sorry internet nazi that other people's opinions and views are not as 'good' as yours. Nobody's forcing you to interact with people here, if they're posting nonsense then move on to the next post. Certainly that would be a lot less embarrassing than writing a self righteous editorial about your superior postings.

What is the internet if not a free exchange of energy in the form of words and thoughts? Regardless of how well thought out they are, who are you to tell the next man that his words are "ambiguous"? 

18. The internet is for memes and cats.  There's not even room for your trolling so gtfo.

19. #19 A.R.C., Aug 15, 2013

someone who knows the definition of 'ambiguous'.

and don't start with that 'this is the internet. free speech, myaaaaan!' horse shit.

if what you say is retarded on the internet, it's probably retarded in real life, too.

20. I'm 12 years old, what is trolling?