This nation is closer to a Civil War than it has been since 1861

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Nov 4, 2013.

1. http://dcclothesline.com/2013/03/29/this-nation-is-closer-to-a-civil-war-than-it-has-been-since-1861/

Seems to make a good point, people are getting frustrated.

2. I don't know if I'd call it THAT close, but Revolution is coming!  I hope to God that our problems as a nation can be fixed without bloodshed, but if I'd have to bet, we'll have another civil war within the next 50-150 years.

3. #3 Tripace, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    It makes me wonder if it isn't somehow connected to something that's been going on a lot recently...

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/102913-677116-197-military-officers-purged-by-obama.htm

197 officers in 5 years? But, this was written a few days ago, since then...

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/11/01/332482/us-commander-in-japan-relieved-of-duty/

Is Obama grooming the military to only do what he says, regardless of the Constitution? To fight the eventual rebellion, to kill their own fellow American citizens? I'd say possible, what do you think?

4. Seems to me like more people need to go hungry before anything like this would happen. I would be very surprised to see the US fall into civil war as long as it's the richest country on Earth.

5. Americans are too comfy drinking their Budweiser and watching Honey Booboo to start a revolution.

6. It would take a huge issue for that to even begin to start, and frankly its almost impossible in our military today.

7. ...I'm gonna smoke some more weed and try not to think about this.

8. Spouting sterotypes just makes you come off as ignorant and pathetic.

9. just because it seems closer than ever doesnt mean its even close at all

10. Not gonna happen.

Sent from my SGH-T959

11. Just another wet dream ...

12. You really need to look into the credibility of your sources. Be careful what you read.

13. It won't be long before people all over the world will have to stand up to our corrupt governments. Our world has never been more connected, the people have a voice now- we just need to learn how to use it for our own good.

14. Won't happen. Not during Obama's presidential term anyway.

15. #15 Johnny Cash, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013

He has a point. I think he wasn't trying to stereotype individual Americans, but rather the characteristics of the overall population that prevent revolution. You guys ARE too comfortable and distracted to start a revolution.

16. No we're not.

Half of America knows how to use a cell phone better than a firearm.

This Thread is fear mongering.

Also, an article that calls people libtards instead of liberals only seeks to divide and shouldn't be taken seriously. What kind of a mature adult uses such idiotic, childish words? Reminds me of someone past their prime trying to reach a broader audience with offensive slang.

17. Nic

Sent from my SGH-T959

18. but still kinda true

19. HA! My penis is bigger then yours!

20. Most dudes dont watch honey boo boo

Most dudes would be fighting the war