Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This might sound dumb but..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by XspankyX, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Im just wondering if a girl smokes bud while pregnant will it hurt the child? If not why hasnt anyone talked about that bc other drugs and alachol are really bad ovbiously for the baby but if weed doesnt harm the kid wouldnt that be a strong point for legalization

2. Idk but when/if my girl is pregnant the smoking stops for me unless its outside and away from her. No extensive study has been done on this topic (Garrett, pg 133).

3. I do not think any drug would be good for fetus development

4. you are definitely borderline retarded

5. I haven't read any info on it either. I know people that are autistic and I think you're an idiot to phrase your hate like that

6. I Think you are if you think it's ok to smoke weed during pregnancy haha

7. Wish I could pull up this article on the internet for you. Didn't save it at the time:rolleyes:
    Basically they were studying how many babies died at birth when the mother was using different substances or none at all.

All I remember was 8 out of 1000 babies died at birth when the mother was using marijuana.

The sober mommies had more baby deaths at birth.

very interesting.

8. #9 XspankyX, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Whoever told me im retarded should read that. And it was a question my gf isnt pregnat nor do i think its ok. I just thought about it bc no one ever really talks about it.

9. op never took high school health class cuase they talk about this stuff in great detail

10. Yeah, and they also talk about how marijuana kills brains cells, is addictive, and leads to harder drugs. Live above the ignorance.

Marijuana does not affect or harm the fetus in any way, unless you smoke it. In fact, some women use it medically to help morning sickness. Anyone who is bashing the OP for even asking this question needs to STFU and acquire some actual knowledge before making a complete fool of themselves.

11. easy man, im just saying that everyone should know that using any substance will have an effect on a fetus and honestly if you cant quit for the sake of child you have a problem

12. My mom smoked weed the whole time she was preggo with me and i turned out fine :D

13. Anandamide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looking at cite #8 and #9 indicates that it may have an effect, but more research needs to be conducted. It might be harmful.

I think one of my friends smoked during her pregnancy. Their daughter is two and a half, and is developing normally, actually she's smart for her age.

It's ultimately the mother's discretion.

14. idk i've heard from a few people i trust that it is NOT harmful to a fetus. it would be a hell of a lot better choice than drinking or cigarettes i can guarentee that much.

15. The fact of the matter is that there is NO long term study showing the effect of Marijuana on a fetus.

But let me ask you this... Why in the world would you take the chance. If you cant take 40 weeks off of pot while you GROW A CHILD in your body than you ARE NOT responsible enough to be a parent.

16. I had a friend of a friend who's doctor recommended that she vape weed/make edibles to deal with morning sickness.

Btw this is in a state that has zero MMJ aspects (Tennessee)

17. Nah dude don't do that the baby will probably come out dillusional

18. Im just saying in a debate u could say that weed has less harmful effects on children than alachol does like on the kid b4 its born

19. I think if you were to use mj whilst pregnant edibles would be the "safest" way to go, because smoking anything can deprive your little baby of oxygen. As for it being dangerous for the fetus I'm not sure... but EVERYTHING you put in your body during pregnancy is shared with the baby, so if you ate a fat brownie I think the fetus would have an effect from it... It's definitely debatable though, I think it's one of those "at your own risk" types of deals. haha.