This Man May Have Just Saved The World.

Discussion in 'General' started by flower_child, May 20, 2006.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't water always find its way back around in the cycle? Like the car makes the water in to into HHO (which confuses me because shouldn't that be the same as H20?) which is a gas. The gas runs your car. If you see on his demonstration, the flame on his welding machine, which is fuled by that gas, turns back into water. So wouldn't these cars just put out water, like other hybrid cars, thus allowing it to evaporate back into the cycle?

2. ^^^^ exactly!!

I mean, can anyone please tell me how to get rid off water? i mean if you drop it, it will seep into something, if u melt it, it just evaporates. i mean. its not infinite, but it cant be taken away.

3. it can be seperated into Oxygen and Hydrogen. then its not water anymore. gone.

4. haha, alright you got me, but i mean somen anyone can do. like, how do you seperate them?

5. I remember reading some guys website about his hydrogen car.. was offered $1bil I think it was.. he declined.. was killed soon after.

6. You are forgetting something....when water evaporates its no longer toxic it leaves all that stuff behind....pessimistic much? Not only that but I would much rather use water as an energy source than nuclear power which has had more adverse effects on the environment than H2O, that goes without saying

7. water just goes around in a circle if it evaps it goes in cloads and rains down the the water that rains down goes into the ground and either evaps again or goes to lake ocean of w/e and get pulled up to cloads and starts over again

8. Yeah that's a good idea but it won't solve problems for a substantial time period. The guy will probably get whacked in a few months. We need to turn to an infinite energy source. Sorry, I just repeated what Rasta Man has already said. Anyways, I wanna figure how to rig that shit so I can burn through some stuff. You really think that that flame is as hot as the surface of the sun? I doubt it. You could use that water energy to light a big ass bowl too.

keep smokin

9. yea haha. there aint no way its as hott as the sun. that part is bullshit.

but the rest intrigues me alot. i would like to see specs for this machine so i could know how it worked.

10. ..lol, this thread must have gone waay over this guys head..

11. by god man, do u relize you may have jsut changed the world...

12. Nuclear waste has no adverse effects on the environment as long as it is appropriatley handled and stored. It unfortunatley has a bad history of that. Southern Ontario has been running off of the Bruce Penisula Nuclear Reactors for the last 50 years and there have been no adverse effects on the region what-so-ever.

Evaporation can actually perpetuated the polluted state of the water, adding it to the atmosphere and allowing it travel through the air system. Substances withing the water, such as industrial heavy metals can be evaporated with the water. Also there is no way to remove irradiated isotopes.

and yes water will eventually and naturally be returned to it's original state, but the amounts we're talking could take thousands upon thousands of years. Not to mention at the same time we're decimated wetlands and rainforests which are key in the global recylcing of water withing out enclosed ecosystem.

13. yes, ever heard of acid rain?

14. Haha they've been trying to do this for years you cant destroy an idea.

15. This is interesting for a possibility of lowering gas prices or the need of gas, although I'm not hopeful. But as far as the planet and the ability to support massive human life goes I really don't give a shit. I plan on being dead before that happens. If I make it to 50 years of age I'm turning into a hardcore junkie living life for the moment (heroin). Then if I happen to make it to sixty I plan on suicide.

So call me a selfish asshole but as long as the planet is stable for 40 more years I'll die happy, or at least that is the plan at the time being a lot can change in 40 years.

16. I thought about this as well. I noticed that the video states that this fuel is "clean burning." So, maybe its not a problem?

17. if this is used on a global scale there will be a lot of atmospherical changes as there will be much more evaporation going on ,meaning more clouds.i dont know if this is good or bad.its likely this could be implemented gradually to study any adverse climate changes.then use a little math,and figure out how to controll the weather.i dont know if this is good or bad.but it sure is interesting...

18. Oh yeah, there is definatley a possibility.

It's just a little naive to think that a simple hydrogen electrolysis engine will save us from over-consumption and our reckless disregaurd for our planet.

There is so much more we have to do, so muhc more we have to invent to maintain our way of life.

19. Exactly, its not as simple as the local news makes it look. First of all, his "100mi on 4oz of water car", is a gas-water hybrid, wikipedia:

And its not like, in a car, where a burst of electric energy sets the engine in motion, then it runs off itself. For the flame to work, the water has to be separated into 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, by means of electrolysis, so to have a constant flame you need a constant current electrolysing the water, and providing fuel.

20. Very true. Looking at the planet, the people, and the disgustingly high rate of consumtion, That is the most naive hope anyone could have. That being said, I'm a hopeful person.