Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This lump in my neck (lymph node) is getting worse after I smoke

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by fadeddd, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Greek Yogurt should be easy to get out in Cali. Go to an organic mart they will definitely have it. I can get greek yogurt at the crap super market down the street from me.

I avoid all yogurt with sugar, because you are ingesting probiotics to protect your gut and eradicate yeast, why strengthen the yeast with more sugar?? Anyway just add fruit.

Are you sure that bruise didn't come from the turniket they used when taking your blood?

One thing I have been doing is making my own shakes using a soy protein powder, greek yogurt, banana, milk, and any other fruit I like. The soy protein powder is loaded with vitamins. It gave me super energy and I lost wait while not getting hungry. I'm going back on it tomorrow.

Do you think it is a specific strain that can be bothering you. A harsher smoke?

Oh and why do you have to go all summer?!

2. I guess the turniket could have caused it, does bruising ever surface after 5-6 days?

I've wondered if a specific strain might be making the sensation in my throat more noticeable but the weed itself is cured and dried real nice, sort of expansive but not harsh.

And go all summer for what?

3. in a previous post you said something about going all summer without trees? is that true?

Also veins collapse and don't like it when you stick metal in it. I've gotten a lot of IVs and my veins are shoddy.

4. those lymph nodes are probably swollen because they are filtering bad things like bacteria from your body/blood. They usually swell up there for me when I'm about to get a cold, or sick. Sometimes it happens randomly. Always the left side more than the right. I don't think it's anything to worry about, unless it doesn't go back to normal after a week or so. Also, I don't think smoking should have anything to do with it (maybe just a little, due to blood increase/dilation). Probably just coincidence.

If it's different than what I'm thinking about, or is causing pretty decent pain, I would go to the doc again. It could be a cyst of some sort.

5. Anyone know of lymph nodes and calcium elevation are somehow related? Especially if the rest of my blood test came back clean? Could my lymph node be swollen cause it has a calcium build up or some shit?

I also read that calcium overproduction can be related to my thyroid, but that's not in the submandibular part of your neck, is it..

6. Seriously don't read anymore into it...if you start thinking it's your thyroid you can have dozens of diseases.

7. #67 fadeddd, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011

lol, alright. I'll try not to. It's just the way my mind has worked as long as I can remember.

And I'm definitely going to smoke this summer, don't worry. I just haven't in a few days because it's not enjoyable right now with this weird sensation, and if it doesn't go away, I probably won't be smoking. No reason to waste weed if I'm not enjoying the high. I might try smoking a joint tonight of a different strain than I've been smoking on and instead of using my bong and see if it's any better/worse.

My dispensary just got a lot of new stuff in that I really, really want to go check out. :eek:

8. Is your doc running other tests now that the calcium has come back elevated?:confused:
    Multiple myeloma - PubMed Health

9. You people and your dispensaries! I Take what I can get in my lame state.

10. Actually, it would be the parathyroid. That narrows it down significantly. Just gives you half a dozen diseases to worry about.:)

11. He wants to retest me the calcium and see if it's still elevated. How rare would something like that be for a guy in his early 20s? Sounds fucking frightening, especially since I got this weird bruise and have had weird pains that I thought could be bone related. :( I also had a CBC and a few other tests, would calcium be the only thing to come back elevated?

12. Nope. Did he do a SED rate? This is exciting, can't wait to find out what it is.:hello: (as long as its treatable)

13. I don't know what SED Rate is, so maybe not. They needed like 4 vials of blood and a urine sample. So you think it's pretty safe to say I don't have multiple myeloma? You know I love you, redhead, but that link scared the shit out of me, especially when I read the average prognosis is like under 5 years. :p Can't be linking that kinda stuff to me or I won't ever get any sleep hahaha.

I don't really care what it is so long as I'm not going to die in my twenties.

14. Don't panic, in the absence of other positive test results is probably nothing. Just get your calcium retested. :)

15. Thanks. And I will definitely keep the thread updated as I find out anything new. As for tonight, I must stop reading depressing things and must start watching some Cosby Show. (my new sleep aid)

Also, it was supposed to be a fasting blood test (for 12 hours) but I did take a calcium, magnesium and vitamin D supplement about 12-14 hours before my blood test. I don't know if there's any possible way that could have screwed up my levels.

16. since you can't smoke, look at shona bandi's method of oil extraction, comparatively cheap and easy.put on foods, possible combination with firecrackers? idk never tried but probably will tommorow...just some alternatives to smoking thought you'd like to hear :)

17. Or edibles. I want to start playing around with those hoping it will help my chronic pain.

18. Well, here's a little update. I've been trying to smoke again the past couple days. That short tolerance break dropped my tolerance a lot, and last night I greened out from a bong hit. I've passed out before, so it wasn't terrifying, but it still has me a little bit gun shy over wanting to smoke tonight. Been sleeping better, though. I think the strain I was smoking gave me the sensation I had in my throat, though, because I haven't really been noticing it lately.

The lump itself seems to be a little smaller but it's still there. I also have swollen/painful armpits now, although I read this could be from leaving deodorant on for too long. I'm trying to let my armpits breathe now to see if it helps. I found out in addition to the high calcium levels, I had some ketones in my urine (the very minimum they worry about I guess), and elevated Uric Acid. The doctor didn't seem to care about any of this, though, since he said all he wanted to retest was for my calcium. I guess the other things can be explained by dehydration or the fact I've been losing a lot of weight very rapidly.

I'm on an HMO so trying to get to a new doctor or an ENT is taking forever.

19. HMOs do a lovely job of delaying patient care:(. With that array of symptoms, I'd be drop kicking my PCP in the balls every 5 min till they referred me (this is metaphor, not an actual suggestion of suggested action;) Please do not harm your physician)

[​IMG]

20. Armpit deodorant has aluminum in it. Prolonged exposure can kill you - but it will take 50 years to do do.