Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This lump in my neck (lymph node) is getting worse after I smoke

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by fadeddd, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Thanks for the post nug thug, I hope you're fine. Pretty scary family history there, I don't think I have any history of lymphoma but everyone in my family has died of cancer of one variety or another, including my father and both my grandparents on my mom's side.

I just read an article that said if you can put one finger in your mouth and the other finger under your submandibular area, and you can move the lump between your two fingers, it's involving the salivary gland. This worked for me, so I guess that solves the mystery of whether it's my lymph nodes or my lymph nodes AND salivary gland.

I really want a bong hit right now to help me relax/sleep. Meh.

2. I have the same thing as yiu but its small and has stayed that way for a few years

3. I'm not excited about it all. I was planning to go to Canada, but the biopsy may get in the way of it. And on top of that, it wouldn't be recommended that go mountain biking at all. Mountain biking is my stress release activity, so it kind of bugs me. Hell, the reason I wanted to go to British Colombia was to mountain bike.

best of luck

4. I really don't wanna read 3 pages of shit but the lymph system works in tandem with toxic chemicals and cleaning out the body of waste. When you smoke, your liver is doing it's thang and lots of chemicals (toxic or nontoxic) are going through your body. Your lymph system turns on to help destroy all the non-necessary shit in your body, hence why your lymph node would swell after doing drugs.

5. There are massages for lymph cleansing and they probably work somewhat. It's really a matter of pushing and mobilizing the matter in it.

Don't freak out over it. Eat GOOD yogurt because of the Zithromax killing your good gut biotics. 5 days doesn't do shit even though it is CDC recommendation on dosage. 5 days os for minor infections. The shit that the Z kills will actually swell your nodes because it kills off other stuff in your body. Also look up Herxheimer reaction. that doc gave you the Z to ease Ur mind. Just smoke.

6. Sorry I would write more but I am on my iPhone. What a cool GC app!

7. #47 fadeddd, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
    Well I managed to get some sleep without smoking, I think my little bump is the smallest it has been yet. Swelling is way down to where it was at a couple months ago when all this shit started.

Summer without weed fucking sucks though...

If this Z-pack really continues to work 5 days after you stop, will eating yogurt/probiotics be pointless today still?

edit: Continuing to have little appetite and losing crazy weight still though, I think I've lost 30 pounds now in 2 weeks.

8. Are you having night sweats with that?:confused:

9. This is great advice, a buddy of mine went to the ER one night, (teenage years) due to his neck glands being completely inflamed, swollen, painful! The doc asked if he smokes weed, which of course he does, the docs advice was to consume caffeine, water, and not do too much physical activity.
    I go very long periods without any t breaks, my wife as well, and we experience the same thing, took a 1 day t break, and it goes away. We drink a ton of coffee and have a non physically demanding job, so it is easier for us to control this. But if it didn't happen to my friend, I would be sweating it too haha. Good luck and don't let it stress you out. Everytime you blaze you will think about it, and it will blow.

10. The first few days I was sweating a lot but it was also very hot/humid. Last couple nights I haven't really sweated in my sleep though, since it's cooled down a little, so I figured my sweating was just heat and anxiety.

Strangely enough though, last time I cut back/stopped smoking weed I was having horrific night sweats, I remember posting about it and you easing my mind about it actually. That was about a year ago, though.

11. Still take the probiotics because you need to build back the beneficial organisms. Losing 30 pounds isn't good. But also smoking anything will enlarge glands and lymph nodes in your neck. If you smoke cigs like I do you will see it get bigger. This always happens to me.

12. Definitely still take the probiotics. They're awesome for digestion and other things. I try to keep my diet full of them from food sources- greek yogurt is great, and a lot of frozen yogurts have them too.

13. Frozen yogurt has probiotics? I've been craving frozen yogurt for a while... :( I like it so much more than ice cream.

I guess my mother has some little probiotic yogurt drink thing she said I could take, but she warned me that it is very thick and lumpy, trying to wrap my mind around eating this thing... I have no appetite or want to eat things that are fucking good tasting as it is.

14. my fav yogurt is chobani, effen delicious, and hella good for you.

15. Where can I buy this stuff? I tried their little store locator and there's none within 50 miles of me, and I live in Southern California. :/

16. #57 sirspacepilot, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011
    Oh... that sucks. I live on the east coast so I can't really help you there. I usually just buy it at my local grocery store, so maybe go check out the frozen section just to see if maybe they sell it but just haven't marked it on the locator. There should at least be some west coast equivalent.

Oh, and I was born in southern california- high five!

17. Greek yogurt is awesome and put some fresh blueberries (the fruit) in there. Lol.

18. Well, my blood tests say everything's normal except for an elevated calcium level, and the doctor wants to retest me for that.

The swelling is still present, still get weird sensations/pains and today on the inside of my right arm I suddenly have a bruise for no apparent reason. (probably 6 inches above where my blood test was, and it's been almost a week)

I'm trying to get a referral to an ear nose and throat doctor next. The saga continues. But at least my white blood cell count wasn't high.

19. i've had a swollen lymp node before. i looked like i was born with a birth defect lol. if it is your lymph node and your taking anti biotics it may take some time to go away. especially if you had it for a while and you waited some time to go to the doc to have it checked out.