This kid has balls

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by XxnickpwnsxX, Dec 8, 2009.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqIxrDaBlHU&feature=related]YouTube - Student to Obama: Legalize Drugs, Prostitution to Stimulate the Economy[/ame]

2. Ha,that kid is awesome. That does take balls.

Obama at least wasn't too much of a dick in response. The fucking crowd though..."HAHAHAHA lolz at everythingz you sayz!!! WERE OLDER THEN YOU!" fucking retarded man.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Haha. I agree, he did have some balls.

4. Everyone in that rooms reaction pissed me off.

"Hahaha awww what a cute college kid la laaaa la laaaa la"

:rolleyes:

5. The boy did a bad job at presenting the issue, and the crowd and the President did an even worse job at answering the question. A topic like this shouldn't be taken as lightly as it was. It just shows how fail and biased the older generation of America is.

6. Right man? It couldn't be more on time and precise if it was a fucking recording.

7. he should have simply said something about drugs, and the statistics of crime lowering

8. Exactly. The kid did not do a good job making any sort of case, and Obama gave a horrible response. He did not address any of the statistics or any logic. Like you said, this is not a laughable issue that can be past off, in my limited background of sociology I'd say its our GREATEST issue. The criminalization of consentual crimes hurts society way more than we can ever imagine.

9. I agree, I was hoping to hear more about Obama on the topic of drugs.

10. I too was hoping he'd talk more about his thoughts on drugs

11. He's a fucking pansy when it comes to this. In his grassroots campaign he mentioned recreational drug use, and really seemed like a good canidate for some step in the right direction. When the adminstration took office the most common question they were sent by people calling in or emailing them was how they felt about legalization. On one of their sites they posted a question listing out all the benefits and everything it could do for the country, and yet they had a one sentance response-'The Obama administration does not support the legalization of marijuana.'

Thats all they had to say, no reasons, no arguments, nothing. Personally I cannot think of a single good, fair argument against the legalization, and yet our government won't even hear of it as a serious question.

12. #12 wunschshrek, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009

I agree, I am very disappointed with him.

reminds me of this :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etYrAZxCAKU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etYrAZxCAKU[/ame]

I hate how obama and the entire crowd laughs off the question like it is some kind of joke, meanwhile it was the NUMBER ONE question people wanted answered.....

13. #13 newbgrow, Dec 8, 2009
    It sucks and all that he didn't address the issue more appropriately and that obama and the crowd laughed around it. In reality though those questions are designed to only be like a quick blip without much substance. Also, it doesn't really matter how cool of a guy any president may be they can't cut out like over half of their support on something like this. If they did how would they push any new legislation?

Edit: I think the best bet at getting towards a more realistic outlook and approach on these taboo issues is a gradual movement that isn't highly publicized.

14. I agree Coheed. I just wish that he would look into it a little bit more.

15. This clip made me more angry than anything. We are fucked if the majority of people are just gonna laugh of that issue without at least taking a look at it.

16. The way I see it, he must know. He went to college, he probably heard the same arguments from his professors. He also has smoked bud, and knows about its effects. I'm sure he knows the arguments for legalization, hell just about everyone does these days. Its becoming a much more public topic. However the better question is why he doesn't address this in a mature, logical manner. I'd love to hear his arguments why he doesn't want to push legalization, but the truth is I don't think there is one. He doesn't support it, period. In Washington its all about making the people that give you money happy and looking to get re-elected. In truth Obama was destined to disappoint, I just don't think a president (or any elected offiicial) can do too much in the way of radical change anymore, its just unfeasable. That doesn't mean he can't be a good president, but it would require a major change in our political system before a major change like legalization, REAL national healthcare, more progressive taxes, and the like can be done.

17. I agree 100%. Well said sir.

18. #18 NlCK, Dec 8, 2009
    That's just awesome. The college kid was so well spoken when he presented the question. I, too, am disappointed that topics of legalization, decriminalization and drugs weren't discussed, but I think Obama handled it fairly well. Anyone remember when Bush rather poorly handled someone wearing sunglasses during one of his news conferences and ended up picking on a blind reporter? (For anyone who hasn't seen it... It's No where near as interesting as the OP's video, but it's a good comparison of the differences in their public speaking tactics.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xawd_vnHlRs]YouTube - This reporter is really blind[/ame]

I was thinking, the other day, that someone could have made a drinking game out of watching Bush stumble on his words while speaking in public. It was interesting to see Obama do a little of the same. :smoke:

19. I found it funny.....that girl wanted his dick so bad :wave:. Obama had a good point about the economy changing but he was still tip toeing around the issue.