This isn't male.. right?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lXtreeml, May 16, 2012.

1. On my second grow I'm starting to wonder about a particular plant-my skunk #1.. mainly because it's not showing hairs yet like the white widow and pineapple express, which they were showing hairs before flower. it has long-kind of female looking pre-flowers but no hairs. The seed was feminized so I'm guessing the likelihood of getting a male is low but I'd like to be sure. here's a few pics a week into flower.(and after 30 days of veg too)

Attached Files:

2. i dont see Pistils so looks like a male to me or possibly hermie

3. Female, for sure.

4. thanks.. I was starting to get scared until i found What are preflowers? which says they don't always show pistils.. sometimes they will stay like that even through flowering but newly produced ones will show them

5. Well the first picture you can clearly see the white hair. However on the second pic it almost looks like a pollen sac is forming. So it could be a hermi.

6. well they arent getting bigger like fat at all or raising up on a stem at all.. just getting longer. btw that first pic that isn't a hair thats just a calyx from the other side.

7. well, I decided to look into my plant a little further to reassure myself. I removed the one that was mentioned above to look like a "hermie" male preflower and took it clear away from the grow area and carefully split it in half.. expecting pollen. What I found was two little white hairs all curled up. I'm a happy camper. :D

8. That's a calyx,

it isn't small and round, but rather is tear dropped shaped if you look closely at it; and the first picture clearly depicts a white pistil.

I'm gonna guess female.