This is what they feed our children?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Stoner405, Aug 11, 2011.

1. i know this is old but:rant:

The straight A's he needs to get are bullshit anyway, school is a bullshit scheme, you dont get taught to work for your self you get taught to work for others and maybe one day have enough *money* to start your own *buisness* where youll turn around and repeat the money hungry cycle we call life, learning things that you dont want to learn is bullshit everyone should be free to do what they dream,and what they feel... jus because hes not getting straight "A's" in the fabricated structure built for him called society doesnt mean theres something wrong with him or smoking weed.........SCHOOL IS AN INSTITUTION THAT BUILDS ROBOTS. AND DONT EVEN TELL ME ABOUT THE GREAT MILLIONAIRES OR DOCTORS ETC ETC. THAT WENT TO SCHOOL AND MADE IT,its jus a game like anyother every now n then someone has to win.

Child -in school they told me everyone can win,
    Reality -yes.....if you have enough tokens.

lets start a real school for the people thats free and unbiased and tells the truth.

ahhhh f&# it you cant save sheep from slaughter.... peace,

2. Yes... yes it is.

3. Well maybe if he wasn't a little thief this shit wouldn't be happening to him.

4. I'm going to assume you were never any good at school?

If its all just a game, it should be pretty easy to manipulate.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with ALOT of what you're saying, but most undergrad and graduate programs are designed to make you think in a sense you haven't before, not necessarily just make you learn new information. How much of that information to you actually remember? Probably very little, its a matter of thinking or developing ideas in a different way than you're used to.

Remember math? How much do you actually remember off the top of your head? Its more designed for you to learn how to problem solve and analyze problems.

5. I don't mean to sound like an arrogant dick, but I would like to nominate this post ( yes, one of my own) as THE BEST ADVICE GIVEN IN GC 2011. Whoever takes care of the awards, please let them. I may not win, but I am top fucking three. LOL!!

6. [quote name='"potchocolate"']"He chiefs a few blunts a day like his brother . Now I see this as no problem, except his grades are horrible."

Well actually this is a problem since his grades are horrible. He also is in trouble with the law, and sounds like a narrow-minded marijuana activist.

I do believe there is much false information about marijuana in the world, but when you have the evidence right in front of you (failing grades, law trouble, spelling errors, acceptance to short term memory loss) you have to open your eyes and accept that there IS a problem here, and your brother's constant marijuana use seems to be his way of "escaping" reality. His reality is bad grades, etc. And marijuana is the "easy" way out.

It seems as if he is smoking more to cope with life, rather then to enjoy it.

Not everyone is the same, and marijuana cannot be a suitable lifestyle for all people. It seems like marijuana isn't working for your brother full-time, and no matter how strongly you believe that marijuana isn't the cause of his wrongdoings, it may be time to face the truth.

Enjoy the use, not the abuse.[/quote]

Im just wondering, if he was prescribed pills for depression, would that also be considered escaping reality? I'm just trying to say you don't know the full story and weed could have nothing to do with it. Not trying to argue by the way.

To the op,
    You are his brother. He thinks of you like a friend so GUIDE him. Ask him about school. Does he not care? Does he not want to care? Or does he just not get the material? Straight a's is a bit much, fuck that you don't learn anything worthwhile anyways. But get to the problem. Does he have add? You might think he doesn't care and blows it off and get high, but he might not be. Actually thinking about it. I'm talking from experience, junior year I failed Spanish, 71 in math, 75 in chemistry. I finally got add medicine (my mom refused before) and I can get work done in 20 minutes. School is a fucking joke now it's pathetic. Trust me it could be the problem, it was for me.

7. really, nobody is going to second me on this? GC, you disappoint me.