This is what the end of the world looks like (in chart form)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sir Elliot, May 20, 2010.

1. I think you're the only one here talking about the "end of the world".

2. I like that Reagan was at a lower point than Hitler on your first video Drone. Proving what I've believed for years!

3. If the world comes to an end, who's to say you will survive?

It's those who refuse to accept the "possibility" of something ever happening..... that are most likely to shit a brick and ultimately not make it, if and when something ever does happen.

And no matter who much you "refuse to live in fear" - at some point you have to back up words with action.

4. She refuses to live in fear, that's why she can't cope with reality.

It's a scary world out there, Penny. The livelihood and well-being of you, as well as your family, can and will be affected, just like everyone else out there. You are not above, nor below, the rest of the people who collectively share the fate of America. Attempting to separate yourself from it is a sign of fear.

5. Wow.. the irony just flew right over your head, didn't it?

It's not Penny. It's Penelope.

Now what in the bloody hell are you even talking about?

Christ, I wish I could be 20 again when I knew everything about everything, and everyone else was sooooo ignorant, lol.

Anything is possible.

Could the world end tomorrow? Sure. Could there be some huge financial disaster causing me to lose every *thing* I own? Possibly.

You know what's even more probable? I could die in a car accident on my way to work. Or my husband could be diagnosed with cancer. Or my son could get a severe injury while he's out playing with his friends. Or the power plant that my husband works for could shut down. Or I could lose my job.

Sitting around lamenting the possibility of things I have absolutely no control over is not how I choose to live my life.

6. “Worry is as [useful] as a handle on a snowball” - Mitzi Chandler

7. I think we all need to find that place between "ignorance is bliss" and "chance favors the prepared".

8. Yes anything is possible, but we are witnessing reasonable events that would lead to a collapse in the financial system. If your husband was showing signs of cancer i would begin to consider the possibility of him actually having cancer, no?

9. dont mean to sound like a dumbass here but whatever

what do you guys recommend we all do, im a college student right now and if your tryin to say americas gunna collapse soon do i pack my bags and go, or stick around and try to fight through this

and when america does collapse, the whole worlds gunna be affected not just us

10. He was def On Something... Itd have been nice if he explained what the X and Y of the graph meant! Was it the sale of Novelty toy items through the ages?

Sir Elliot - good post...

Have you read into the Gold Standard? I know ive brought it up lots - but id be interested in your opinion!

11. Yes, I am very familiar with it.

The main problem with returning to a fiat currency based on the gold standard is twofold.

The first is called Gresham's law. Bad money drives out good money. It's a fairly simple concept, and wiki probably has a good article on it. So when paper money is used to represent gold, as opposed to gold itself being the monetary unit, there are complications that arise.

Secondly, there is not enough gold in the world for the US currency to be returned to the gold standard. I don't mean not enough gold dug up, I mean the total amount of gold on the planet, there just isn't enough of it.

In theory fiat currency might be able to work for more than 30-40 years (no fiat currency has ever really lasted longer than that) if the government printing the money stops running massive deficits and printing money to hand out to the people in hopes the people will keep supporting them.

It's the same mistake repeated time-and-again.

If we are willing to make really drastic and painful cuts, balance the budget, and become a nation of savers instead of debtors (both as a nation and as individuals), I think our particular fiat currency can be saved.

12. Thanks man - thats food for thought - its been a big debate in my house for some weeks now... Ill give it some more research!!!

13. We can return to the gold standard, just not at $35 an ounce.

14. This is all clearly orchestrated so that the central banks can create a single currency for the entire planet. The big one is going to be the US Dollar if they can collapse it then they will beable to create the world currency because as it stands atm the US dollar is the reserve currency once it goes down every other currency around the world will collapse with it. Guess this explains why obama was stupid enough to pass a multi-trillion dollar healthcare bill when the country is in such financial troubles thanx to debt. The real bosses must be telling obama and the dems to spend as much as they please so it leads to the dollar collapsing.

@OP nice find m8