This is what I would like to do if *I* were the President of the USA:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LedFun, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Impossible. Only smarty pants go to college.

2. I have an idea for you. Start a business in whatever industry you think has the most unequal pay, say manufacturing, and compete with the established companies. If you pay your employees an 1/8th of what you make rather than 1/1000th and remain profitable I guarantee you will attract the best and the brightest employees.

Assuming you keep your prices the same, or even lower, you will win.

What's that, you say? You can't compete with the giant companies that have created artificial barriers to entry through regulatory capture and cozy revolving-door relationships with the state?

Ahhh, so the problem then is not rich people, but lack of competition. How do we make the market more competitive? I can guarantee it's not through capping pay...

3. Without looking it up, I don't know the company name, but it was a Silicon Valley Business where the owner divided the net profits of his company down the middle and split them with his employees.

Each year, the 50% of the net profits were divided equally between all the employees. His profits went up radically the first few years. Like 1000% more each year. His employees worked their asses off and "policed" their own. No goof offs were permitted to exist, because the other employees knew that the goof offs were lowering THEIR bonus at the end of the year.

I believe the bonuses were in the amount of something like 100K per/person. This was on top of their regular pay.

Why don't more businesses do that? I think that business owner was a genius!

4. Read the rest of my post. :)

5. #65 LedFun, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
    I did already and I agree.

I was reinforcing what you said by giving another example. :p

The reason the method hasn't been duplicated extensively is plain old-fashioned greed.

Business owners think; "There is NO fucking way I'm giving away HALF of MY net profits to my fucking employees".

Until *that* mindset is overcome, it just won't happen.