This is what I top right ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ChuiSoto, Nov 30, 2016.

1. So is this the node I top? It looks like it's off to the side and not exactly in the middle or am I just being paranoid ?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. See how it's off to the side though like right in the middle something else is going to grow ?

Attached Files:

3. I would assume she is a clone? the alternating nodes are normal for them hence why you are concerned?

4. Yes, you hit it right on the nail like every video I see they are right in the middle so it's making me second guess myself because she has it on the side they all do. So it only happens to clones ?

5. So that's the piece I cut off ?

6. Like this one it's the leading node but it's way off center would I cut it or would it be wrong ?

Attached Files:

7. Topping that plant will gain you nothing, she's already got staggered nodes. Topping is done on younger plants that still have parallel nodes, you cut the main stem and the two parallel nodes become two mains instead of just the one.

8. If you cut at the red line the two nodes in the blue will grow up and become your primary nodes. Might need to lst to keep them around the same height though.
    IMG_1713.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. So just leave it then what should I do to increase my yeild ?

10. Oh okay then I'll do that then

11. I've only toped clones once, and just like you, lots of hesitation because of the nodes not being symmetrical. I did the experiment this summer with some outdoor plants, it turned out alright but i could see the energy wasn't flowing through equally.
    Heres a picture of when i toped the second time, nothing symmetrical..
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum