This is what happens when you are mean to your mother...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by VanLoon, Jun 20, 2007.

1. I grew a couple of clones and got one vegging away happily, tied down in a big pot. The other one I was trying to make into a bonsai Mother but I may have got too carried away root and/or leaf trimming. I also may have watered it too much, not sure. The soil I am using is a mix of garden centre compost and John Innes #5, mixed with some vermiculite and perlite. It's a mix my other plants have been perfectly happy with, though the mother isn't on any ferts because I don't want her to grow too big or too fast.

Anyway, all this abuse or neglect has taken its toll and the poor bastard is shrivelling up from the tips down. Attached are some photos. Any help, anyone? For the record I haven't done a ph test (have no tester) so getting a tester and checking the ph is the only thing I can think of to do so far.

HELP!

Attached Files:

2. You really, REALLY should get a pH meter - I have one that was $20. That way you'll at least know if you're burning it (low pH) or got overzealous on the watering. Looks like burn to me.

3. Either ph problems (causing nute lockout)... have u ever given it nutes? It doesnt look like its been outdoors long, maybe uve given it too much sun too fast? (im thinking u started it indoors, just looks like it)

4. I've never given it nutes and it's been indoors all its life. It's just in a sunny window in the picture. The leaves were all drooping so I moved it into a brighter place and the ones that weren't dying perked up. I'll report back on the soil ph test as soon as I get a tester.

Thanks for the help, people.

5. i'd cut off the dead leafs and stuff...

6. well, I'm pleased to say that the necrosis (for want of a better term) has halted, and although there are quite a few dead ends there aren't any new ailing leaves. maybe all that sunlight helped it. Are you sure about cutting off the dead/dying shoots and leaves, eyec0n?