This is unprecedented.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by kgomotso, May 18, 2015.

1. All of it! Don't you think we living in the best age yet? Do you guys think will continuing being this good for us as a race?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It depends on us and the rest of nature. One good asteroid and things wont be so good.

[​IMG]

4. It's all downhill from here.

5. A few thousand years ago would've better, for me at least.

If you're a white guy living in a first world country I could see how you may feel that way. Most of the rest of the world may disagree with you though.

7. I can't even dig a deep hole in my yard or build additions on my own house without permits, some age we live in.

8. God you people are negative.

We are in fact living in the greatest age yet. There's no comparison to any other time.

We live in the age of INFORMATION! Ignorance is no longer an excuse. Everyone has the means to improve their lives through internet. People are finding love, long lost family members, knowledge, fortune and inspiration through cyber space.

We've cured more diseases than ever. World wide poverty is at an all time low. Age expectancy is increasing.
    Liberalism and atheists are increasing like there's no tomorrow, tht's a great plus am I right or what?!

Oh and the technology! OMG the technology. Every month they come up with something that makes last week feel like last decade.

Weed is gaining increased support too.

Sure every now and then there's a bump in the road. But obstacles are meant to be overcome, if you let it deter you from improving your community then you're an ass.

Live long, live strong and smoke on.

9. Seriously this. 

Zeus knows I bitch about the many things out there right now worth bitching about,  but I'll take this over Genghis Khan sacking my city any day or dying to "old age"  in my high 50's.    (I'm not that old)

Give me modern age and modern medicine any day over anything in the past.     Living in the Shire is all fun and games until Frodo's wisdom teeth or appendicitis kick in and he dies a slow and miserable death in a corner.

The world is the safest, richest, and healthiest it's ever been in recorded history.

11. Rich? In what sense, the monetary system? Healthiest, meh....to those who got money. However medicine is advancing (as always), yet we have poor food options as the go-to, quick, most readily available.( resulting in shitty, ill organs, imbalances of all sorts). "Organic" aka food is expensive. Safe? You seen all da niggas gettin gatted up lately? Just being a realistic devils advocate.

Do I think this is the best age? Nah, I haven't lived through all of them, solely looking at technology would make me think so however.

Being "this good" is subjective. Lots wrong, lots of things are great. It's all in how ya look at the position your in.

Guess, I'll take shitty food over starving to death.

13. Lol uhh the answers isn't the polar opposite.

I always defer to John Prine in all matters of great importance.

15. #15 Oni~, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    I think people need to start differentiating between what we have today, with all its faults,  and what we could have had historically.

The timeline of human progression has been constantly upward.  We are still barbaric, corrupt, violent, stupid,  but we are a hell of a lot less barbaric, corrupt, violent, stupid, than we have been in the past.  

Two things, as an example,  that instantly, and globally tell you you're better off today:    Religion's power, and slavery.  (Ironically directly linked)
    While both still exist in the world, they are nowhere as prevalent as they were in the past.  

Getting enslaved by local warlord XY or Z through conquest or debt was a likely possibility,  and half the discussions on these forums would get you stoned/burned alive in town square. 

I prefer today's retarded world to yesterday's retarded world with ease.

16. no. Its scientific. You can scientifically prove that as a majority

Humans live easier more.comfortable lives with more access to food and water.

-yuri

17. Easier more comfortable lives? We are more confused and generally stressed than any other period of human life. This the science proves.

18. are the majority of people now really more stressed then our ancestors? What science proves this?

I have a hard time believing life as a Pilgrim or native American was less stressful than ours

Or being a midevil serf maybe?

-yuri

19. So do prisoners, i wouldnt say their life is better.

A hard free life or a easy caged life?

20. #20 -13 Amp-, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    its more people these days have it so easy, they find pointless things to be stressed and offended over...its not stress over survival anymore

"first world problems" if you will...there are still tribes and fucked up places in the world, but they arent the majority which is what was talked about and i quoted