This is unfortunate..

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by meddlehaze, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Is anyone else embarrassed by what mainstream music has turned into?

[​IMG]

2. The is still a lot of great lyrics now-a-days

I have never heard of the Far East Movement

3. Agreed.

Led was mainstream back in the 70's and now this Far East Movement song is mainstream.

Look at the difference of what the majority of people are listening to nowadays vs the 70's. It's kinda sad IMO

4. Agreed. There's still great music being made today, it's just not being played on the radio. And you're lucky. They're a shitty mainstream Asian hip pop group.

5. Lets not forget that fucking Leo Sayer was mainstream in the 70's LOL

I think that Animal Collective is making great lyrics

From one moment to a next
    Reading in the papers to know what's best
    Sometimes you don't know yourself
    Eating loads of vitamins for your health
    From one moment to a next
    Red negativity in the street
    Maybe it's the earth, maybe it's the heat
    A baby on the bus smiled at me so easy

6. People seem to think the 70s had no bad lyrics. Heres one of the most talented singers of the 70s who couldn't write a proper song to save his life. The one, the only, the red rocker, the rebirth of Van Halen....Mr. Sammy Hagar
    Red knocks 'em dead,
    Some like it hot, I like it red.
    Red is my lover, got it covered
    Red is my number, sure as a coma
    Red is my drummer, and I hear red thunder
    Move over brother,
    Red's a motherfu...(cker)
    (Red! Red!)
    Thats' what I said...
    (Red! Red!)
    Come on to bed
    (Red! Red!)
    Gimme' that expensive spread..

haha

I actually just made a thread about the demise of mainstream music but I just have to present all sides of the story. As people have said there is tons of good music still being ecorded you just have to know where to look. It seems like every popular artist these days has to sign some sort of waver assuring the record labels they will show no musical talent and make no moves that may invoke thought in their listeners. Its a pretty sad state but on the other hand if good artists never become famous they have complete artistic freedom which is why some argue todays music is better. I don't agree with that statement for a second but I have to admit a lot of these new guys are unbelievably talented.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2ATLk16YE]YouTube - Back Door Slam, 'Stay'[/ame]

7. We're all well aware today's mainstream music blows.

8. True that, too bad the good music isn't publicized.

Are they asian? lololol
    That's a great band, haven't listened to them in a while though

9. lyrics in 2025