THIS IS UNBELIEVEABLE - Japan

Discussion in 'General' started by kenver, Nov 14, 2011.

1. living in Japan would be incredible, they get technology 2+ years ahead of us. But the strict pot laws...that sucks. Who would want to rot in prison with Japanese criminals for weed?

2. I found it more interesting that it said 750,000 people is only 1/47th of that areas population bro.

in the year 2110 750,000 people would be... actually I dont know, Im sure by then we'll have wiped each other out so maybe everyone on earth could live in there hah.

Wow I was going somewhere with that but kind of swapped tack mid-way through it. oh wells. :smoke:

3. yea definitely the whole thing is fuckin insane

4. it truly is an "urban jungle"

5. I can't do cities. I get way to claustrophobic after spending a day in Brooklyn visiting my cousins...

I need a state with a population under one million please.

dirt roads, trees, mountains, clean air and good bud.

6. There's another design on wikipedia but I can't find it. About the same size as the pyramid, too. It's a giant ass tower that is built on the side of the ocean that would be self sustained. It would supposedly run primarily off algae.

If anybody can find it, I'll posi them. I find these sort of ideas really interesting

7. having lived in a rural mountainous area all my life, i find the aspect of cities fascinating..

gets boring here trust me

8. is it just me or does the first pic op posted look like a city built out of legos?

9. Not to be an asshole and ruin the fun...

...but this is physically impossible.

We do not currently have the types of metals necessary to construct such a structure. Not to mention the fact that the base footing alone would have to be impossibly strong.

It is just not practical or possible. Its too big and heavy.

10. yea d00d.

it's planned for like 100 years from now haha.

they were saying its physically impossible right now but they still have the concept, like da vinci and his 500 years in the future airplanes haha

11. Yeah I understand we're not capable of doing it.. But someday down the road we will be if things go smoothly and we don't blow ourselves up. And that's gonna be an awesome day I wont be alive to see ;_;

I think it's physically possible though, given enough resources. I'm no architect or anything but it seems plausible from what I've read (which is more than the Wiki article). But like I said, it probably wont ever happen because something new and better may come along

12. you know what you do....

you get yourself a sexy ass japanese girl and you try any fantasy you want. they're crazy, right? so take advantage of that shit!

13. haha hell yes. love me some east/southeast asian girls

14. japan is the most fascinating culture to me. the gigantic citys, the culture, their anime and henatai. i want to go to japan:p

15. hell yes.

i was gonna put this up here by i was afraid people were gonna call me nerdy fat otaku lol

16. seems like a flawed idea to begin with though, doesnt it? a giant pyramid on top of the water to house less than 1m people, only 750k. sure thats a lot of people but it said thats only 1/47th of tokyos population. it would take so long, we currently dont have the technology anyways and something better will probably come along. but nevertheless its a cool idea.

we're not capable of doing it NOW.humans have the potential to do practically anything, the sky's the limit ( i mean that as a turn of phrase not literal lol )

17. #37 CLKWRK, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011

18. Well I personally don't even think it will be possible in the future haha...

The shear weight of the structure is my problem with it. The ground below it would not be able to hold it. It would sink and suffer from differential settling and it would get torn apart by it. Obviously this is my opinion, and I only have a small amount of architectural engineering study and have since switched engineering studies. So yeah I am definitely no expert either.

If you have netflix check out the show Extreme Engineering, they have a whole episode about this that my friend showed me once. Really is interesting.

19. Japan is a fucked up place