This is the kind of debate I'm talking about.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by isimon, Jun 15, 2009.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdZzv7cNcaE&eurl]YouTube - CNN Debate: Is the Drug War a Failure? Ethan Nadelmann vs. Former Drug Czar Bennett[/ame]
    :hello:

2. I couldv owned that mofo. Good video

3. What a horrible debate. The first things that should have been put on the table is why making drugs illegal is flat out wrong.

Who gives a shit how many drug users there are, the fact of the matter is if you cannot put anything you want into your body you do not live in a fucking free country, end of fucking story. The government can suck a cock or two if they want to restrict personal liberty that doesn't result in victims, even if that liberty causes one harm.

I don't give a shit if even -eating- Cannabis meant that your life expectancy would drop by 30 years. That would not be an argument for making Cannabis illegal, and it would be a choice people should be free to make, in a free country.

Fascist authoritarian fuckwits.

4. lol he said "wake n bake"

5. That was an ok debate, but I kept wishing that Ethan Nadelman (sp?) would've brushed on the topic of AGE REGULATION. Just like Tobacco and alcohol, there will be age regulations on marijuana if the laws are reformed, therefore obviously making it harder to get for underage users.

6. Exactly. Why isn't this point brought up more often?

These guys always seem to bring up the point that alcohol is harder to get than marijuana, but then they never mention that LEGALIZATION will mean that just like alcohol, the 18 and under crowd will have to find a 21 year old to buy some for him from the store, which is exactly why alcohol is so hard to come by for those under 18.

Yes, there are ways around that, like I mentioned, but I'm talking about the majority of population.

7. The previous czar mentioned his opponents non-sequitor arguments even tho the czar's first two rants all basically said that drug use leads to violence.
    And he has a very idealized sense of rehab, im willing to bet that a majority of ppl go to rehab because of the law, then they get out and go smoke a blunt.

8. Ethan kicked his ass like always.

The consistently miss the point that by regulating it you make it less avaible to minors because it would be sold like alcohol where a legit business would risk losing everything if they sold it to underage people. All over the country it is easier for minors to get marijuana that alcohol, because it's normally an underage kid selling it to them.