This is some F'd up shit right here

Discussion in 'General' started by timmyg, Oct 15, 2008.

1. http://www.spokeo.com/hr

this web site can be used by potential employers in which maybe you've applied or interviewed with to find all you profiles, blogs, accounts on 40 social networks
    all they need is your email address

worst part is it only costs like $8.25 a month so any businesses that knows about it will probly do it soon

so be on the lookout if you are applying for new jobs

unless you want yer potential future employer to find that myspace picture of you milking a bong

the solution?
    before you apply for jobs and interviews make a new email address to give to them

2. I kind of see that as an invasion of privacy, like your home life shouldn't be that close to your job.

I would get used to having 2 email addresses. One for business, family/friends, buying things online, etc & one for your personal sites & such.

3. i aint trippin

4. If anyone asks, I dont have an email address. Simple as that, they will never use it for anything important, why should they have access to it?
    If I ever call tech support, and they ask for my name and number, and then they go "whats your email address?"
    And I say "why? Are you going to send me a reduction on my bill with it?"
    Usually shuts em up.

5. I just typed in my email adress it came up with my spaces

my shit is private and i dont flaunt

so w/e

6. set your profile to private

and i doubt anyone signs up for that scam.

7. #8 Soap, Oct 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
    So dont post weed shots on your facebook, or use a separate email for professional and one for regular use. I dont see the problem here.

8. Use a diff email address. Only people who've been on the net a long time like myself know how to you know... be stealthy. I have about 8 emails. Hahah. Can't catch me bitches.

9. Or anyone who knows what a proxy and alternate email is.

10. My job never asked for mine. I wouldn't have gave it to them anyway.

Coworkers only know my work email addy... I use a yahoo to sign up for shit, and keep in touch with fam/people I've met through the years on the net.

11. I don't have anything related to weed on my facebook so I'm good.

12. I keep my shit private. Hard to trust people out there now days