this is so fucked up

Discussion in 'General' started by Sunn, Mar 17, 2012.

1. so here i am just chillaxing in my room, laying in bed, when i notice a bug on the ceiling above this new lamp i just got. so i was like, fuck that bug, and got ready to go kill it. but then, upon a closer inspection, i noticed that there were like 30 of those fuckers up there, crawling all around the ceiling and shit. i wish i was exaggerating too...FUCK THAT. and in my bedroom too, of all places. anyway, i went and grabbed a towel and went to town on those motherfuckers, luckily they were mostly just sitting there so it was an easy job. i got all the ones i could see but i'm fucking terrified of the ones i can't see, if there are any.

Now i'm just really wondering how the fuck this could have happened. Like i said, i just got this sick new asian lamp, and put it in my room. i put it right by the window. now i thought of two things, either the light from the lamp attracted them and they either fit through the screen in my window or went around it somehow, OR they came from the lamp itself. Now it would make sense that the light attracted them because 95% of them were on the ceiling right above the lamp and/or my window, and a few were sitting on the lamp itself. but i have another light in my room i use a lot and i've definitely never had anything like this happen before.

however i'm pretty sure they came from the lamp itself for a few reasons. first, when i first opened up all the packaging i noticed a little bug fly past me but i wasnt sure if it was just a coincidence or not. but the thing is, i opened the lamp in another room and that room doesn't appear to have any problems. i didn't put it in my room until like 2 days later. secondly, the lamp is from thailand or something, i can't remember where exactly. so it wouldn't exactly be a stretch. but obviously 30 of them didnt all fly out at me so where the fuck did they come from? also i started thinking what if these things have malaria or yellow fever or some fucking disease like that...

anyway i moved the lamp in another room until tomorrow when i'll have to try and figure out what else to do. i dont see anything else in my room but i'm still pretty scared of trying to sleep tonight.

2. [​IMG]

3. Their probably just stink bugs. You might have killed one and attracted a bunch of others. I hate those little shits. You need to check all of your windows and get a vacuum to suck them up quick.

4. nah dude they aren't stink bugs, definitely not. the first thing i thought of actually is that they looked like fleas, although i'm pretty sure they weren't though.

5. You need to kill them if they came from the package they may be an invasive species and that is one of the many ways they get into places they shouldn't be through shipping and such.

6. [quote name='"psychoperson25"']You need to kill them if they came from the package they may be an invasive species and that is one of the many ways they get into places they shouldn't be through shipping and such.[/quote]

hey I already killed all the ones I could find. but there are probably more that escaped that ill never see again.. i did see and kill another one on my ceiling just a minute ago...no idea where he came from. I think they might just be coming from outside through my window but I still don't know why they only picked my room. I really want to close the window but if I do it'll be like 80 degrees in here and I wont be able to sleep.

7. They most likely came from the box from what you said. It's probably unavoidable just kill the ones you can like you have been doing. They might have come from outside but I really doubt thirty bugs decided to fly into your room unless there was food or something in there.

8. [quote name='"psychoperson25"']They most likely came from the box from what you said. It's probably unavoidable just kill the ones you can like you have been doing. They might have come from outside but I really doubt thirty bugs decided to fly into your room unless there was food or something in there.[/quote]

well I opened the box in a different room though. and it was outside and in the garbage that same night. the lamp didn't go in my room until like 3 days later, amd the bugs didn't appear for like another 3 days. its so confusing..

9. Maybe they laid eggs in your lamp? I dunno.

10. read prey by michael crichton.

that is all