this is not good guys...

Discussion in 'General' started by herp, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Why does nobody know about this? They aren't telling us anything about this here, and we live 50 miles away from the plant.

Spread the word about this please

Electrical Fire Knocks Out Spent Fuel Cooling Pool at Nebraska Nuclear Plant – Planetsave.com: climate change and environmental news

Its going to be flooded in the area at least until august, I heard somebody else say october even. Its already flooded past the first floor of the entire plant.

2. Well, the good news is the facility will already be submerged in freshwater, possibly preventing any cooling issues.

3. Now were gonna get three eyed fish, like from the Simpsons.

4. wtf im gonna have to look into this

5. So, when are we just going to say fuck nuclear energy and go with something a little on the safe side? Oh never? Thought so.

6. Why are you not being told?

To avoid the risks associated with mass hysteria; panic buying, looting and general misbehavior probably...

Does that make it right? Morally, no; practically, yeah, probably not a bad call as anything relating to nuclear energy and problem do tend to get people going a bit...

7. Mom nature is pissed that the natural harmony is being offset by humans and is doing something about it.... Trust me.

8. if you knew how much shit on a massive scale could go wrong every second...you would go nuts.

And this didn't turn into anything...nothing bad happened...why would they call up the news and say...uh...we had an issue...but we solved it...so now there is not an issue.

When did we hear about these other plants btw...when something bad actually KEPT happening...some bad shit is always happening...but if it continues to happen...THEN you are told.

So now everyone in your town panics...drives out...and 15 min later they get an all clear.

Cry wolf?

9. It may have been the most logical thing to do, but I agree with the OP: I would be rattled. Although nuclear energy is safe when things go according to plan, there is no doubt it is incredibly unstable. Personally I believe we should steer clear from nuclear energy and invest in better batteries. I've always thought that solar is the key. Energy storage should be our main concern at this point.

10. Where's thedeadwalk to make a one-hundred page alarmist thread when you need him?

11. Also this, the levee here will break soon, flooding another nuclear power plant.

I'm not completely concerned yet, but I really don't know that much about what could go wrong in this situation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bW87YfT5RM]YouTube - ‪Levee near Nebraska[/ame]

I just don't see how a nuclear power plant is fine being partially underwater for at least a month though