This Is My Life Now

Discussion in 'General' started by Goggalor, Jun 5, 2013.

I'm poor. 3 1.75's at $13/piece? I'll take it,.

2. Well you should stop...drinking like that is really bad your health. I'm actually going to a cousin's funeral tomorrow, he passed away at age 49 from alcoholism. Shit is real man.

3. Man you need to seek some help this is self destructive behaviour and it seems like you know it. Not trying to bash i'm getting fucked up as we speak but it seems you're drinking for a reason. I mean i'm in no position to tell anyone what to do but i know these kinda things can get out of hand fast especially if you're in a dark place. Been there done that.

4. #44 Justadailytoke, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    I enjoy a heineken and a couple shots of absolut to get a nice buzz on, but I am done getting smashed those days are over for me, you sill soon to realize why alcohol is a poison 

5. #45 SiriusWolff, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    Man i know how ya feel i lost my gf of 5 years this year and got cheated on earlier (cut n burned for the 2nd time), got kicked out of my old house, etc. The thing that has helped me the most is being future oriented. Don't look at the short term look at ways to better yourself long term.

6. Grow a pair.
    Fuck that bitch. Shes a skank. You dont want her back.

If you want to stop drinking STOP. I highly doubt that in 6 months you became this addicted to alcohol.

If that is the case just quit. Deal with the symptoms. And fucking quit. Dont just complain about it.

7. Want it my friend, you want and need this, so do it. I know it's scary, I know the nights of long, but find your center. I know you can't just stop, but taper, safely but also relatively quickly. Consult a doctor, do some heroic research.

You need to want it as bad as you need it, and you have to start by letting go of who you are now.

Only time will bring some people around... Don't be one of those people. You have to stop your thoughts before you can honestly do anything. And that has to come from your core.
    Best of luck with becoming a better you, a better... Everything pretty much. Message me if you're ever having a bad time and need to talk.

You can survive this :smoke: Some really heavy indica weed can really help too

8. Man your pissing me off. Quit whoring for sympathy, you obviously haven't the slightest clue about alcoholism. You don't even drink that much but it seems as though you like the idea of being an alcoholic so you better step it up.  Dependent my ass. Your dependent on attention. Let us know when you are drinking a 5th of whiskey every night and cant remember the last day you went without getting blackout wasted.

9. It doesn't matter how long you've been addicted, you are still using it as a substitution.  You specifically said that you tried (and failed) to alleviate withdrawal symptoms by using benzodiazepines.  You have a mindset that if you're feeling bad, insert _____ drug to compensate so you feel better.

Like I said, ween yourself off if you need to.

I drink much more than 5th in a night, bitch. Stop acting like an asshole.

Rationalizations. A sign of addiction. First step is admitting it bud. 

Well it kind of looks like your whoring for attention. Your making your break ups a bigger deal then they actually are. Life goes on... It stings for a while but the booze will just make it worse. By all means keep drinking if you want to stay depressed about your first gf. Or you can human the fuck up and move on.

12. You seem like a douche to anybody who doesn't kiss your ass and eat up your sob stories.

You don't have a real problem you're just creating one. People with real drinking problems don't make threads about it like this.

13. This thread makes me want to drink.

14. Man that shit isn't worth drinking.  I just finished a bottle of those and...never again.  I'm sticking to beer from now on.

15. #55 walterbishop, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013

You should go to an AA meeting and meet some real alcoholics. See what's what for real. I think it'd be an eye opener for you.

16. pabst blue ribbons for dis guy

17. I liked pabst before it was the hipster beer of choice. High life is probably cheaper anyways lol

18. Sounds like a guy I know too. Fairly sober. Till things with the wife went south. Next thing you know he's waking up in ditches 3 counties from home with no memory of how he got there.
    He's mostly pulled it together now. He realized the booze was holding him back, not helping him out.

19. Dude that's a problem for real! you need to try and nip it in the butt before it gets out of hand. take it from someone who's dealing with an addiction and how to fix the path or wreckage I've left behind.

http://www.aa.org/

20. I'm sorry. Dude just really rubbed me the wrong way.