This is my idea for a grow box, open for suggestions and tips!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Raiden420, Oct 25, 2012.

1. It's going to be an on the cheap stealth grow box. I'm going to get one of these wardrobe boxes that have a bar across (perfect for hanging lights)

U-Haul: Moving supplies: Grand Wardrobe Box

I currently own a 150W HPS which I will be attaching to this.

The walls will be lined with mylar and it will be a passive intake. I will use a 90 2" pvc fitting for the passive intake in order to avoid too much light exposure and attach the exhaust fan towards the top corner of the box.

Amazon.com: 115V AC Cooling Fan. 120mm x 38mm LS with Power Plug: Home Improvement

I will then build a carbon scrubber around the end of this exhaust to control odor.

That's about all I've come up with so far, like I said please give me any suggestions or tips!

2. I would say go on craigslist or something and look for someone giving away a cabinet or something...thats what my buddy did.

3. Don't forget an oscillating fan, I like those big tower ones that are air filters because it shoots an air stream the whole length of the fan, not just a circle at the top.

4. Yeah for sure, I was definitely going to plan on putting a fan on the inside as well forgot to add that in. Those tower ones would probably fit a bit nicer in it, not sure if they have any cheap small ones.. guess I'll have to do some more research!