This is my destiny...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by DenialTwist, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ...if not I would be somewhere else doing something else.

2. Destiny seems quite a strong word to use for posting something on a forum.

3. Well this isn't my destiny just my choice.

4. It was also the OP's choice to describe it as his destiny.

5. Compatibilism guys.

Problem solved.

6. although.. how many times in your life have you had the opportunity to decide on how to approach something for yourself? my guess is "many" would be the answer.

as far as i'm concerned.. free will both exists and doesn't at the same time. on one hand.. you can make decisions on how to react to various situations. but ultimately.. you're gonna make the decisions you make.. and they're gonna lead to the outcomes they lead to.

so, there is a freedom to it. but on the other hand.. the sum of your decisions in your lifetime sorta accumulate to a certain "destiny", if that's how you look at it.

7. This is true.

There are day to day decisions that we all just make, and there are moments where the choices we do make really affect what happens and how we see things. What is it that causes you to make one choice over another? Not an easy one to define. But if you're able to clear out all the things you carry that are actually not you, that subconsciously influence things from a negative perspective, what you're left with is that part of you that knows exactly what choices you need to make to follow your path. That connection is what is felt as destiny.

8. With free will - thinking is not predetermined nor are choices that pertain to them, so Im not sure how you say sometimes i am in control and sometimes i am not.

However, the decision you can make can vary like say you are in between 2 things. The outcome of the matter will be as a result of the choice but there is the fact that two things can lead to the same conclusion. Example would be a logic example ( false premise - true conclusion ) and ( true premise - true conclusion) which are both unique pattern of thought, however, leading to identical solutions. It follows that similarly your life can come to different conclusions even if the same decision was made (pertaining to a matter - further decisions equally influenced the outcome) .

So, my conclusion? I think free-will is a tricky concept because i believe in a measured destiny - we are not in control in choosing our parents;where we are born; society and culuture raised in; time of birth - so on and on. I have to chew on that for a while i still haven't consolidated a position.

9. Made me smile :) I would never have thought destiny would have been the strong word.

I have come to question how much free will we actually have. I can choose my toothpaste but I will brush my teeth. Maybe a little simplistic. Your higher self dictates the paths you take.

I agree that we need to clear out the parts that are not you, however I also believe that there are mechanisms in place to keep us in our current frequency. Let me expand. When you come to earth you should be able to remember your past life experiences, however we do not and this is because the earth is naturally distorted to maintain us within a specific frequency range where we can be controlled.

I believe that we do indeed chose our parents before birth about 30 days from conception. The new soul does not spend much time in the womb, it will make sporadic visits and will only 'embody' days before the birth. Soul integration then follows 11 year patters, 0-11 11-22 22-33 33-44. Sometimes when a child is born he/she realises that the frequency they are born into is no longer suitable for them, and decide to eject out. This being an alternative theory to cot deaths.

We exists as multi-dimensional beings, with our conciousness anchored in the 3rd dimension. Do you ever notice yourself on autopilot? Your conciousness isn't there. It's similar to hypnotherapy. Observing when people 'zone' out before striking. Seeking the autopilot mode, which surprisingly happens more often than you would imagine. Your conciousness isn't there.

Synchronicites is noticing the mechanism if you want, by which your higher self aligns you. It's subtle. Observe yourself.

10. This non remembering is essential for the majority of experiencers. I don't see it as being deliberately distorted for some kind of control purposes, but something that is necessary in order to experience life in limitation and without it wouldn't be possible. You could be 'you' if you were aware of having been before, but needed to experience life without such knowing.

Things are changing, have been changing for sometime, and more and more people are becoming aware of this, what is sometimes termed: waking up, as their frequency allows for it.

Don't know about these 11 year patterns, seems a bit formulaic, but the cot death theory seems perfectly reasonable to me.