This is how we gonna legalize it.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Dipsouth420, Aug 28, 2008.

1. I agree with you on the rough idea, it lacks structure, etc. But I really like the idea and while I would not jump at a chance to start a "million man march" i would definitely join the march if it existed.

There are things similar to this on a much smaller scale (protests and such), so if we could get all these protests and shmelt them all into one, I think this would be achievable!

2. hahha i can see it now, a bunch of potheads meeting at a park or somthing, they start talking, one thing leads to another, and instead of marching they form a giant "smoke circle"
    LMAO!! hahaha

3. Amherst signed up?! I live right near there. plus that is where extravaganja is held every year. also +rep to you for that web site bro :hello::smoking:

4. how come four New Zealand cities have signed up but only one Australian???

..are kiwis more into their weed than ausies? ;)

5. GREAT idea guys i know me and my friends want to take a sweet road trip this would be perfect someone NEEDS to seriously set somethin up with the big organizations IM IN!!!

6. I wonder how many people get arrested before they get to the march...smokin on the road on 4/20...

7. id participate in a march. this is a good idea

8. how about amsterdamage just writes a letter to President Obama and gets his attention. amsterdamage doesnt just care about legalizing it, he knows many different things about it that can be used to spark the presidents attention towards the laws on marijuana.

9. I can see the articles from the next days newspaper:

"Group of 12 marches on Washington in support of medical cannabis. The group was supposed to be a million strong, but it appears everybody else was still sleeping"

10. holy shit do u know how big this could be?its unimaginable!i mean MILLIONS of people all over the U.S. marching for weed.it would be ALL OVER the media and news and that stuff and no one would know what to do.the only thing they could do to stop us is to legalize it.that would be amazing.just amazing

11. when and where im in!

12. Fucking right infront of the white house, thats what i say.

13. LONG REPLY:
    it took me a few days to gather my thoughts on it.. and it is still a work in progress.. but no point in making it even LONGER...

is decriminalizing is out of reach?

Marijuana could not be controlled with the same laws as alcohol. they are

different substances and should be dealt with accordingly.

Age limit - 21 (or tied to alcohol.. the age issue has to do with

development. people from 18 to 21 are still considered "Impressionable" and

shouldn't limit their potential) at least until it has been properly studied

Growers Licenses-
    $750/plant (female or hermaphrodite plant in budding stage)

or

$7500/20 plants (female or hermaphrodite plant in budding stage)

or

$75,000/400 plants (female or hermaphrodite plant in budding stage)

Sales tax-

$50/oz (female or hermaphrodite goods{dried flowers, dried stalks

for processing items like paper, cloth and other such varieties} on

hand)

or

$700/lb (female or hermaphrodite goods{dried flowers, dried stalks

for processing items like paper, cloth and other such varieties} on

hand)
    or

$7,000/20lbs(female or hermaphrodite goods{dried flowers, dried

stalks for processing items like paper, cloth and other such varieties}

on hand)

Transportation License-
    FREE for any amount under an oz

$20/oz of product being transported

$200/lb of product being transported

$2,000/20lbs of product begin transported

Cannot be within a reasonable area of schools and must be kept behind a

counters; accessible only by employees of the particular company selling;

employees must serve product to customer until paid for by customer;

customers must not be accompanied by persons under the age of 21 while on

company premises.

USE:
    cannot be used in areas where tobacco products are not allowed.
    Businesses employing persons in already hazardous areas should not be under

the influence of drug while at work. Tests will be funded by taxes

(mentioned above) to test employees - randomly or (a set number of times) a

month/year available to all businesses who present a need to need employees

to be tested. If users are caught behind the wheel
    Treatment:
    treatment will be paid for, for those who seek it, by product tax

system(mentioned above). Businesses selling product must advertise

aggressively for treatment areas in the community.
    All extra funds will be to aid law enforcement in areas (police, DEA,

correctional officers) to keep the areas of drug abuse under control where

need be, or enforcing tax system(mentioned above)
    TAX LAW ENFORCEMENT:
    If growing/transporting/selling is being done without proper licensing the

offender must pay 10 times the license fee for amount on hand.

Growing laws:
    Persons growing under 100 plants and selling mass quantity's to distributors

or vendors need only pay growers fee.
    Sales tax laws:
    persons selling product must be identifiable from the mass public. Can sell

from vehicles, but product must be locked up and camouflaged. persons

selling product must not have be in the presence of persons under the age

of 18 (schools, track meets, playgrounds etc.. and cannot have underage

passengers in sales vehicle)
    If license are bought in conjunction with other{growing, sales,

transportation} licenses, tobacco licenses, or alcohol licenses save 20%

off license fees mentioned above.
    Persons selling product (not from a vehicle, must be 21 to sell from

vehicle) must be over 18, supervised by a person over 21, unless persons

selling is 21. if person(s) of employment are between 18 and 21, adequate

surveillance systems must be in place, and there can only be 3 persons under

21 to ever person over 21 on shift.
    Transportation tax laws:
    vehicle for transportation must not be obviously carrying product. If

carried in smaller amounts (less than 2 lbs) product must be secured

(locked and out of sight). if carrier is transporting more than 2 lbs, product

must be locked at all times not loading or unloading, must also be unmarked

and out of plane sight. no matter how much person is carrying (over 1oz)

person must have proper documents present as well as proper identification.

If proper documents or identification is not present, then carrier must pay

double the license fee, and if no documents or identification are presented

to court hearing carrier is fined 10x the amount due for carried amount.
    Advertisement:
    Can only be advertised in places where alcohol and tobacco adds advertise,

any where else is prohibited.

If Individual is growing for his or her own personal use:
    NO TAX
    Max 4 plants in the blooming process
    Max 2 plants in the drying/curing process
    MAX 2 lbs of dried flowers at any given time.
    Must have transportation license mentioned above if transporting.

Under the above tax system: i believe we would have a very lucrative

government as well as new cash crop.
    A lot of jobs would pop up. I could see many positions popping up for small

businesses. there are several jobs that need to be done: gardening, nursing

(weekly if not daily), drying/curing/clipping, environment maintenance,

quality control firms, all the obvious sales positions (waitress at hookah

bars as well as sellers in head shops and gas stations), as well as the paper

work process of the operations go (finance, legal, HR, etc), truckers or

transporters, pulp mills from paper products could be replace, as well as

oil processing possibly converting to bio diesel and many more.
    These jobs could be easily paid for considering: the cost of growing buds

is potentially free (..out side in pristine conditions..) and the current

sales rate for an oz is 200 (friend prices) and any where from 250-400/oz

in a flooded market
    I doubt this will displace many jobs, however taxes could be in place to

help find people who's jobs have been removed due to the restricted sale of

hemp.
    I made sure not to put a tax growing male plants. I did not want to tax the

processing of hemp to cloth and other such merchandise that could be

associated with all that could be considered to not have any "intoxicating

components". I think that it should be encouraged for people to grow any

where where they need stable soil as hemp's roots will hold the soil together.

I think many more studies on marijuana should be done and their findings

publicized. I think that they will find many new ways that hemp is good

there are already marches in Washington about legalizing it. what we need is our congress people to get involved, and they can do that with our motivation.. over them votes for them to be on our side of the issue (sign petitions) have rallies. i think the grass city community should organize something though. we should rally with other "pro-pot" communities like the NORML guys and the "Anti war on drugs" group and organize events to support our causes. we need to circulate fliers about what to do to get it legalized and why to legalize thorough the internet community. Post a positive message with some facts behind it like "WE ARE 3/4'S OF THE WAY TO LEGALIZATION WITH REGULATIONS!"so people know their voice counts and they should speak up. The reason it has been aloud to go on is because there isn't public outcry for regulating it. with our situation i think our economy needs it. Hemp could solve a lot of problems and promote economical prosperity, especially from our government. Our four fathers gave us the right to negotiate the terms of the national government through our congress, lets USE that ability!

United we stand as hemp atavists. we need to set up a petition for everyone to sign to get a group started. We use that petition to get a tour together of all the different demographics of stoner music. Have cheech and chong there to do some stand up, KMK, Cypress Hill, get cover bands to do some serious hippy music, Wyclef.. I'm trying to hit everything here..

I don't think a million man march is out of the question, but if we have a petition of people in every ones area to bring concerts to that area i think we could get some fun out of getting some petitions signed and also get the word out about how not harmful pot is. All the good things about it. make it 18 and up so no ones parents get all but hurt, do it in a large area and have private security so cops don't have anything to worry about. Have petition areas as you walk in to the concert area so people entering can sign for causes. I think if we organize that and approach NORML and the other groups we could get some financial backing to put this stuff together.
    Send these petitions to our congressional representatives and government officials (Mayor, gov. etc). Every name on that petition is a vote to them. One thing matters above all other things in the world of politics: RE ELECTION
    I don't think a march on Washington would be all that productive. They get all kinds of crazies out there. I think paperwork is how we are going to get this accomplished.. paperwork and parties. If people know how close we are to regulated pot laws this movement could get a lot more momentum. and plus, people love concerts.. and cheech and chong..
    MYSPACE and FACEBOOK groups might also really get this started. we might be able to petition tom and guy from facebook (who ever her or she is) to fund our little event and advertise for us.
    Concerts are also a great fund raising tool! $25/head on a concert like that would more than pay for venues and guests.
    we could use that money to advertise on hightimes and what not.
    Another good reason to do things like this, with the concert, is because fans of the bands will come.. allowing us to get a better fallowing (and signature/voters base) for our causes.
    Another thing we need is some one from each area to take care of the work in their towns (gathering signatures, or seeing what is needed to get the concert to their area.
    I think the big reformist groups are good for a lot of things. I am not sure they have an interest in regulating any more. a lot of layers through norml are making bank on the plant being illegal, and if its not good for business why do it? if legalized norml would no longer be needed. we need to unite for this cause and not try to realize profits out side of our goal (legally regulated buds).
    Web sites area always good, but i think we should have more ads around the web community in addition.
    we should petition our local, federal and national governments. help our representatives understand what we are standing for and what we are all about.

I found this proposal. Quite a bit more complete than my own..
    They call it The Inalienable Rights Enforcement Initiative:
    http://www.lao.ca.gov/ballot/2008/080110.aspx
    I tax a bit higher.. they expect $5 per 1/8th oz, where my figure is some where closer to $7 per 1/8th oz, or $14 per 1/8th oz if grown and sold in two different places. even with my model there is still an opportunity for a competitive market (even against the current black market).

What do you guys think? is this any kind of a plan?

14. ^ im not gonna lie but, i didnt read about half of that (some didnt make sence to me), and i didnt like alot of what i read. If your trying to make the age 21, i believe that is stupid, since you can be 18 to smoke cigarettes (cancer and brain damage?), and if you eat it its way healthier then any method. im a believer of the fact that you can get drafter at 18 you should be able to do what ever the fuck you want.
    also, i dont know if your talking about growing license prices for a single person or for a company?? From what i read it sounded like you were saying you pay this certain fine to grow a plant (anyperson) but then later it sounded like you wanted people to be able to sell it. If that is what your saying I have to disagree, because no one would accept someone privatley growing herb then reselling it. it would have to be REGULATED by the governemnt, except if its for personal use (my opinion).
    Also the prices seem kind of really high. It costs so much because it is illegal, the prices should go WAY down when (if) it becomes legal. I would view it as any other crop, it doesnt take some magic to grow it theres no need for jacked up prices, and companies would be making enough money as it is, even if the prices were way down.
    idk, shipping would be done by big buisness that would sell it, and transport it like any other good/.product. i dont see why your having all this excess stuff, if its legal it would be the same as shipping any other product. and for sales (at a convinent store, coffe shop ect) sell it like cigs, or like how they have tobacco in a little jar, its just weed though) then you also got the quality factor. unless you establish a certain price for certain strains idk how thats going to work out...

:)

15. #55 legalize_ganja, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2008

fuck it, i decided to quote you so i get all the stuff infront of me (tried to cut some of it out). alrighty, to start of you say that it should be 21 or over untill proven otherwise, i think that thats kind of not going to happen. Any studies should be done BEFORE legalization. (thats what were talking about right?). ok, Growers Licenses seem like a very high price, since well, i dont know how much any given plant will yeild, but you have to pay for the bills, nutes, lights and all the set up, so you would probably be loosing money here. But eh to go on with what i will say later, if this is a single person growing like in their house, it should be a lower price because they cant re-sell it. (no selling stuff that wasnt monitered by some approved "guy" from the government, or maby some company will be made for this IDK). Ok, as i already said, sales tax? i think your just saying prices, with out tax? cant be, Buying an OZ +$50 for tax???

alittle bump here, im thinking your talking about only having it sold in coffee shop type areas?

"Cannot be within a reasonable area of schools and must be kept behind a

counters; accessible only by employees of the particular company selling;

employees must serve product to customer until paid for by customer;

customers must not be accompanied by persons under the age of 21 while on

company premises."

anyway, i like the part that it cant be by schools (like it is with alcohol and tobacco)
    accessible by employees only, as it is with most tobacco products. and this little bump is if theyre selling it in like convinent stores (which i think they should, as being legal would make it just like alcohol or tobacco, i find it very unnecessary for all of this extra protection. making it legal will prevent under age people from getting it drastically, i dont get the point of locking it up when its being shipped and all of this stuff. LEGAL SUBSTANCE. your treating it like its illegal)

Your use section is where it gets kind of confusing for me, like treatment if caught behind the wheel? this should be, how it is now, DUID or like a DUI. I like the no use at work policy. Again, here with your unlicensed growing thing, sure i believe if they are trying to sell it (which i dont agree with in the first place, if its home grown) if they are trying to sell it then they should get 10x the fine, but eh. I dont really agree with being able to sell it with a license. I think a license should allow you to grow it for personal use, and like sell small amounts to people you know like under an oz ect. but no "big time" selling, that should be left to stores/companies. ( i guess what im saying is the distrubitors should be the ones growing). also the tax enforcment? Pay tax, when you purcahse it. That solves the "enforcing tax laws" problem. again with this selling out of vehicles, i dont like the idea personally, what if SOMETHING fucks up? you cant go back to where you got it from ect ect. more problems ensue. also, No, to the locked and secure out of sight thing. your treating it like an illegal substance here. People who have alcohol or ciggs dont lock it up in the cars (yes i can see if they have large amounts, but that should just be to prevent THEM getting robbed. but- i dont like this idea so ill leave it at that)

Can only be advertised in places where alcohol and tobacco adds advertise" - yes

"
    If Individual is growing for his or her own personal use:
    NO TAX
    Max 4 plants in the blooming process
    Max 2 plants in the drying/curing process
    MAX 2 lbs of dried flowers at any given time"

well here i cant tell if this is what the $750/plant is for but im assuming it is. I agree with the no tax on home grown stuff...

Really I think the limit should be more, people with medical growing licenses in canada (maby in the u.s.?) can grow more then that at the moment, while it is illegal. see this-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDIGfxAF30Y"]YouTube - Talking Head (Medical Marijuana Licence)[/ame]

3750 grams in storage. which i assume would be like, at your house. (around 8.3 lbs)

whew, i think i got most of the main stuff. took a while to type, and also i would say if your having buisnesses growing the crops, they could also make a system to save certain parts of their plants for hemp and other resources. so if growing is only done by them (major growing for resale) then you can get the most out of the left overs.

:):):):):)

-edit i notice you open with decriminalization. thats still illegal, and there are still fines for posessing it, or growing selling, having anything to do with it, and that is why im going at it from a Legal point of view. (none of this would work for decrim).

16. Sorry, Should have proof read last post... I didn't have time, I took for granted that it made sense, sorry about that...

Pot lasts longer and is more effective than the buzz on cigarettes, and I'd just about bet that we could get more votes from a 21 law than an 18 law. I agree, a lot of research should be done on it before its regulated.

Again, sorry for not proof reading, but you should check out the link:http://www.lao.ca.gov/ballot/2008/080110.aspx
    It was a good proposal.

It should be REGULATED by the government. So if people want to grow and sell they would have to get a small business license and do it like every one else. I don't think you could really control quality. If you tried to make it so regulated that individuals couldn't grow and sell you would have a hard time extinguishing the black market for it. Well, I guess you could use a staple sales tax that charges a percentage, however, again, I think you could get more people behind it if they knew the taxes behind legalizing and regulating went to causes that would solve society problems. If you didn't catch it I was trying to keep the big business out of the trade. If one person takes over all the growing I think quality of product would go down. Same thing if just a few companies where providing legal buds, they would just be competing in a world here big companies make money by keeping stock holders happy (wealthy) makes money the most important business directive. In that sort of situation the customer gets the short end of the stick. You would have coffee shops, I think, because the coffee shop guy could own the whole operation. Quality doesn't only have to do with strands, it has to do with conditions. Imagine smoking a joint made by Marlboro. All dried up with sticks, seeds, leaves all ground up with your buds. Not handled with care because handled mostly by machines so most of the THC is knocked off. That would SUCK. If it stays as local businesses growing and selling for their own profit. Remember half baked? Run a bunch of agencies like Sampson's. Or make people come to you at the coffee shop. I think that would keep competition relatively high, and quality really good. If things are this way there would be more tourism from state to state. Taste different qualities.

Sorry for the type-o, $75 for growing.. not 750... should have reviewed it before I posted.. again, sorry.
    I say hide that shit so people aren't ripping off trucks. I'm trying to stop the violence. What do people who cant grow and sell illegally do when they need money? Hijack a truck that is loaded down with it. You don't even need to pay the grower any more! YOU CAN CHARGE WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH NO OVERHEAD!!! ohh.. the possibilities.

At some point you need to check to make sure people are abiding by the law. Just because you say people need to buy a license to do something, doesn't mean they do it. Look at drivers in LA. At least a ¼ of them are unlicensed and uninsured. You need to make sure people are abiding by the law.

All I was trying to do, by keeping it out of sight, was keeping petty theft down. It is to protect the person holding it, but also the street crimes rate is likely to peak during the first year or two of regulation because gangs are going to be hard up for money. You know people who buy drugs. If they go to a person who is selling cheaper product, you try to make your product cheaper, or provide better quality.

Again. Sorry about the extra zeros on the growing licenses.. I played with those numbers quite a bit until I made up my mind. It was 100, the I dropped it but forgot to take off a zero.

I think decrim will need to be the first step. But I would like to see it regulated loosely. I don't think that legalization will happen with out going through a process.

Thanks for the reply...

First things first, we need to all draft an email and get people to send it to their local officials. That is the way to get things done. I'm pretty sure we could all take 5 minutes to send our elected official saying “without active legislation on decriminalization you will not receive my vote or political donations.” the more emails the official receives the more likely they are going to do something about it.

17. oooookkkkkkkk that makes alot more sence. lol. yes it would be easier to get it at 21 but i still dont thing it would be fair. its kinda like half assing the job in my view..
    and yeah, i do like the independent coffee shops instead of big business. but thoes are the only ones who should be able to sell alot, or grow ALOT. at least have a certain price range for a certain strain that is technically suposed to be better then others, im sure this would be made up by the coffee shops and yeh, otheres would follow and try to keep it near the same price.

whew. GOOD. i was freaking out when i saw 750 lol. 75 is deffinatley MUCH more reasonable.... lol...
    that idea of what you said, if your found growing illegaly or what ever, that would probably be much more managable with the lower prices...

i dont think there would be alot of stealing if the price is down cause there wouldnt be a large profit to be made. but again i just dont like the whole truck idea....

im not sure how you would be able to check if someone is abiding by the law? they wouldnt be able to just go into your house, and the penalty wouldnt be as bad.

im in ohio and its already decriminalized so im like... ok time to legalize it... but yeah deffinatley every state should have decrim already. really ive looked at other states fines and shit theyre crazy high...

good work:) :wave:

edit: also about the reasearch being done, deffinatley, i know alot has been done but its really hard to reasearch now since its illegal... i think there is enough research but yeah, I know they will want more. And i like the % tax way better.

18. so is this happening? or what?

19. Just think about it- weed could be legal TOMORROW if 1/10th of the pot smokers in the US were committed at the same time. To me this seems pretty plausible. We'd just have to spread the word and spread facts about it. Also remember that they wouldn't all be pot smokers, some could just be activists who are tired of seeing people being sent to jail for smoking herb.

We CAN do it.

20. i live in KS but, IF you started the march in LA and walked up the pacific coast to Washington, do you realize how many fucking potheads would tag along. not just a million, like 15 to 20 million.. i honestly think this march needs to happen. START THE ORGANIZATION of this NOW.. who knows i may fly in from ks or some shit