This is great!!!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Ghostwarlock12, May 8, 2013.

1. whats up everyone. so check this out I want to actually start a fitness regimen but IDK how to start. my munchies takeover and they take over hard. what should I do? HELP!!!!

2. well first off, you need to establish your fitness goal. are you trying to get stronger? are you trying to lose weight? are you trying to do alot of lifting or cardio?

3. just losing weight. I know a lot about what to do. its the diet part that gets me.

4. When you get munchies, get healthy snacks, or fruits and veggies. You can also fill up on water.

5. "healthy snacks" dont just cut it get more into detail. understandable that a donuts not the best thing to eat. my problem is the craving. eating something salty and sweet right after. what would be the best way of fixing something like this? and water is always there without a doubt.

6. If your serious about losing weight it comes down to self control man.

7. #7 Ghostwarlock12, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
    another answer that I seem to get all the time. no one really seems to have a good answer when it comes to this. when it comes to eating healthy while not under the influence its easy the thing that back tracks me is getting blazed and then eating all this junk! this is why I ask WHAT IS THE BEST THING TO EAT WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE? something healthy but delicious at the same time. no one seems to know how to answer this question. I work in this field and know what to do but no one can seem to give me a good detail of what to do when it comes down to it. telling me to eat fruits really doesn't help you know what I mean.

8. I hear ya theres a lot to it. For losing weight, diet is only a part of it, exercise with the diet and you will see results. Ill give you an idea what i eat. Any kind of meat, fresh fruits, veggies, raisins, nuts. Also i just googled Healthy snacks and the first link that came up. 30 healthy snacks: Food & Diet: Self.com
    Stop buying junk food, and if you do your only allowed to cheat 1 day per week. 6/7 days are without junk food. When you get really high just munch out on something you can eat a lot of without a lot of calories. Like eggs, popcorn, nuts, lol man you have the whole web you can look up diet info.

9. drink lots of water, have one cheat day per week where you have a few "Junk" meals, load up on different kinds of nuts (peanuts, almonds, etc...), make sure you eat 3 square meals a day (don't skip breakfast), satisfy your cravings for sweets with different fruits (smoothies are excellent for this), but most importantly, set a weight goal for yourself

10. yeah cheat days I've had. I as far as junk food in the house I dont think I have many but when there is I eat it all (I have kids so cookies are always home) I'll figure out how to do this without having to stop completely.

11. in order to get a good diet going you need to eat 6 times a day meaning 3 snacks and 3 whole meals. anything that comes from the earth like fruits and veggies are good for a diet because they are mostly made up of water and dont contain bad carbs or cals. this I know the best nut to eat would be unsalted cashews or pistashios peanuts are not good because of certain oils it contains. they say peanut butter is good because of the high protein it has but again Im trying to lose weight right now not gain too much muscle. trust me I know about going through things like this I just need something to get me on the right track while im blazed. of course the self control of being strong minded comes first. and honestly DIET has to do with everything if you want to lose weight right you know. you can do cardio all day for 2wks straight but if you are eat fast food all day all you are really going to lose is 2lbs. this is why I would love someone to actually point me in the right direction when it comes to diet. in a sense tell me something I dont know. oh and this message is not to target you in anyway its just so everyone could read it and tell me what they think.

12. You don't need to eat 6 times a day for starters. Eat as many times as you'd like, but it is harder to over eat when you limit the amount of times you eat in a day. Try not to snack, only eat solid meals.

The #1 thing you need is discipline. Yes it sucks but if you can't control yourself you will not be successful.

Do not eat anything from a box. Load up on veggies and meat, eat fruit and nuts but eat them sparingly. If you must eat sweets get yourself a high % cacao dark chocolate bar. They have significantly less sugar.

The more grains and sugar you can cut out the better off you will be and the weight will fall off.

You may also want to look into intermittent fasting. I prefer to do the 16/8 method which is 16 hours of not eating followed by a 8 hour feeding window. Example: start eating at 12 noon each day and stop eating by 8pm every night.

If you are really serious I would also look into Paleo. You will lose weight fast, and get healthier in the process.

Good luck!

13. Wrong. When you get high and get the munchies it lowers your blood sugar. Eating something high in sugar and low in fat will help you feel full and not gain fat.

Don't listen to that guys advice, it is all wrong. Eating more small meals throughout the day is way better than three large meals.

14. Advocating sugar? Okay. :rolleyes: Do what you want op..nutrition is a personal decision as it only affects you, and information is only a click away. I'm not into arguing about it, I've done more than my own research and have no need to influence anyone.

15. you are the 3rd person that tells me about Paleo. I might look into that.

16. that doesn't make to much sense. you will need to explain a little more on that cause no one I know professionally will ever advise as to eat sugar while high. BTW I just let the Doc I work with read this and she laughed.

17. Surf bodybuilding.com and find one
    thats what i did

18. I use to use that website for doing workouts and stopped because I felt like it was the same like going into a muscle magazine and just taking pieces to make something you know. but I guess I figured out what Im going to do. hopefully it will work.

19. This guy is dumb totally listen to that other guys post.

20. Put that awful "fat picture" of yourself on the fridge right at your eye level.  Take up a messy hobby- painting, ceramics, gardening, etc. You will put off eating because you will have to go to the bother of getting cleaned up! Put a piece of graph paper and a pen by your scale and keep track of your weight every day. Drink lots of liquids, but avoid the diet drinks

"Gain weight by "going diet?" Artificial sweeteners and the neurobiology of sugar cravings" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20589192 

Aspartame: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You   http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/weight_gain_myth.htm

Tea with stevia is a good alternative to all those sodas! I get mine online from "Owl's Nest Plantation" It is cheaper and much stronger than what you get in the grocery store, A pound of their stevia will last you the better part of a year!

And you know those salads you will be eating? Rather than drench them in store-bought salad dressings, make your own! Here is a recipe that will help you lose weight!

[SIZE=13pt]Omega 3 Italian Salad Dressing      [/SIZE]

1/2 cup hemp seed oil                                                    
    1/3 cup cider or red wine vinegar
    1 teaspoon of garlic flakes                                   
    1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
    2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning (or half cannabis)                             
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper             
    Mix, shake well before using.  Keep refrigerated.        

Fat to treat fat: Emerging relationship between dietary PUFA, endocannabinoids, and obesity.         (abst – 2013)          http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23466458

Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat      (article - undated)
    http://manitobaharvest.com/articles_studies/3813/Hemp-%26amp%3B-GLA%3A-Good-Fat-Burns-Bad-Fat-.html

And using cannabis while dieting is a good idea!

Regular Marijuana Use is Associated With Favorable Indices to Diabetic Control, Say Investigators          (news – 2013)
     http://www.news-medical.net/news/20130515/Regular-marijuana-use-is-associated-with-favorable-indices-related-to-diabetic-control-say-investigators.aspx

Marijuana Users Have Better Blood Sugar Control   (news – 2013) http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/05/130515085208.htm

Study: Why Pot Smokers Are Skinnier       (news – 2013)   http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/05/study-why-pot-smokers-are-skinnier/275846/