Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This is going to sound stupid but...how to battle the munchies?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Auto-Bud-Man, Aug 16, 2018.

1. This might be dumb to ask but I will.

I have been battling being overweight my entire life. (I'm 58 years old) It's not a HUGE problem, but if I eat whatever I want indiscriminately, then I gain weight. I'm 6' 1" tall and currently weigh 259...which is about 40 to 50 lbs too much. I'm low carbing to lose weight...that's my lifestyle food plan.

Here's the problem; munchies.

Even though I'm clearly FULL BIGTIME...I eat, and WHILE I'm eating I KNOW that I'm stuffed full but I keep eating anyway...and it's not satisfying, it's like a compulsion.

Are there any tips that you've discovered to veer away from that mindset while high? I'm thinking that it's sort of a mindset because clearly the "full" signal is making it to my brain...I know I'm full...I just don't react accordingly.

If you can help, that would be great.

2. Eat something disgusting.

3. Lol...if last night is any indication then that won't do it.

I'm surfing the munchies threads that I found but so far, lots of humor but nothing that I think would help.

• Like Like x 1

4. Eat something healthy if you can lol or cook up a meal to satisfy the munchies rather then eat junk food

5. I've had some good munchies in my time where I've even went in the cupboard and ate everything that I leave because its horrible.. I couldn't fucking stand peanut butter until I started getting the munchies..

Mmmm..

Peanut butter...

......Mmmmmmm.....

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Dude the ammount of stuff i'd never eat unless high is ridiculous lmaooo

It's always the same when you get the munchies man you'll eat shit you'd never think would taste good together

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Go in high protein diet. P takes longer to burn up in ur stomach. Than in a few weeks ur stomach will shrink and u wont be as hungry

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

8. #8 old shol4evr, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

9. When you have the munchies your body is craving crunchy, salty and sweet.
    Satisfy those cravings with things like carrots, pickles, apples, etc.
    Drink tea very slightly sweetened with whole sugars like agave or honey. VERY SLIGHTLY SWEETENED.
    Stop buying and allowing chips and cookies in your house.
    Get your mind set and hold to your convictions.
    I lost 75 pounds doing this.

10. Remember this. 32 oz big gulp Coke has over 4 ounces of sugar.
    That's over 1/4 pound of sugar.

11. I gotta come up with something. :)

12. We actually don't have any junk food in the house and haven't had for a long time. Both my wife an I are low carbing so our meals are very healthy....lots of good meat, vegetables, and such. No sugar, no startches etc.

The problem is that I ended up eating 10X more of the "good stuff' than I should. I was porked out with 4 large tacos...not even hungry....smoked out...and ended up eating 2 more large ones and a dessert (no sugar)

13. Oh we don't drink sugar drinks. My wife is diabetic so we drink water or unsweet tea.
    She didn't have a munchie reaction...only I do. Go figure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Watermelon has 85 calories in 280 grams. That's 10 ounces.

Pig out on that instead of more tacos.

15. It also has far too many carbs for my daily allotment. :) The issue isn't that the tacos are "fattening" or anything...it's that 6 large ones is 4 too many lol....

• Like Like x 1
  16. By eating:laughing:

Jk.

IDK of you're buying from a dispensary or not but if so keep track of which strains give you bad munchies and avoid them?

Or buy healthier options like instead of pizza, cauliflower crust pizza etc. Or similar foods that make you think you're satisfying your craving lol.

17. I'm not buying from a dispensary but I guess I should compare and see if there's some other one that's less munchie inducing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chew gum. Sugar free. Keep popping gum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. It's not the munchies at this point...it's straight up obesity.

Your body is addicted to adding fat cells and not burning them. You are doomed unless you magically get the willpower to exercise regularly.

Smoke weed and eat 1 meal a day. That is how you defeat the munchies.
    :judgekneel:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Get to know your strains; lean toward sativa over indica. I've found that pure sativas do not induce munchies as severely as indicas (i've roundtabled with some credible members of the 'community', but i'm not an expert. Take this as merely a collaborative suggestion).

Break in case of emergency: slut up some healthier shit to satisfy the craving, yet mitigate damage. The other night I mashed up a banana, threw some pumpkin & softened cream cheese in that shit, & ate it on toast w/extra crunchy peanut butter.
    For wake & bakers: cube/freeze creamier fruits (mango, banana, papaya, peach), blend w/almond milk, organic tart cherry syrup (antioxidants) & mint (more healthy shit). The cubed fruits are the ice cubes, yo!!
    When all else fails: fuck it. Ben & Jerry's Phish Food or Chocolate Therapy.
    On a budget: Jalapeno Cheetos & Peanut & Peanut Butter M&M's @ a 1:2 ratio. You'll have a few stragglers, but the overall experience (taste, mouthfeel, volume) is considerably more enjoyable.

Last suggestion: take a moment to introspect. Often times when my munching is out of control, it's part of a cycle. As animals, we're all cyclical; but recognizing patterns & interrupting the destructive feedback loops can help you conquer the munchies. Potential go-to distractions: clean/organize parts of your house that you don't visit often (closets, under bed, etc. *You're going to find a lot of weird shit you forgot you had), exercise (counting reps has a meditative effect), nature, man (gardening activates underutilized muscles*, just sayin'), art/be creative, internet trolling/rabbit-holing (aka 'intellectual munchies'. be careful w/this one. Only the strong of will can even attempt this strategy... but then again, the munchies boil down to a strength of will... right?).

Good luck! I support you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1