This is Flammz's glass house.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by flammzrant, Sep 15, 2012.

1. LOL omg that book. I laughed so hard :hello:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dude. Trip is looking awesome! That book is too good.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Am I the only one who thought that book was weird as shit? No chuckles to be had over here... except the mom under the table one... that was kinda funny

• Like Like x 1
  4. No, it definitely is weird as shit. Maybe you're just too normal haha.. I think weird stuff like this is hilarious. I know my sister would love it too but yeah, definitely not showing it to most people lol

I did sorta warn you :p

• Like Like x 3
  5. You did warn me I take full responsibility. I'm glad you had a good vacation man the place looked absolutely beautiful. A bit colder than Florida though haha

6. #806 flammzrant, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    Yeah everything we saw was snow except for some farms

I have nothing else to post really

I went to this years Hunaphu Day at Cigar City and that was pretty dope.
    My friend (and no longer active blade) twin2 drove down the night before to sesh and share some brews.

[​IMG]

All winners. 1st place) Grande dame, oud bruin with apricots. Very good but I need to go buy it again so I can remember what it tastes like better lol
    2nd) twin brought the Upland blueberry which wasn't as sour as people say Uplands usually are which was kinda of a letdown but the beer overall was delicious. Tartness was very balanced, blueberries were very present and it was SO easy drinking. Idk the abv but I could literally drink it all day like juice.
    3rd) I've had Tilquin Questche twice before this bottle, but my first two bottles were 375ml, this was a 750ml and I don't know why but it was noticeably better than the previous two small bottles. I don't know if the years were different but the large bottle was basically just better all around. Fuller body, more complex flavor, even a nicer, slightly darker color, just a better bottle.
    4th) twin also brought the Permission Slip, (useless info starts here) a collab between Upland and Jolly Pumpkin. I had had Persimmon Ship, which is the same collab BUT Persimmon is bottled at and labeled by Jolly Pumpkin and the beer has a higher ratio of JP's funky base beer.
    Permission is bottled at and labeled by Upland and has a higher ratio of their Sour Reserve base. I do not like JP's signature funk, have not liked any of the solo JP 3 bottles I've had.
    BUT. Sour Reserve must be solid because (actual review starts here) Permission was surprisingly good. I mean it's still last place, it wasn't amazing, but I had low expectations and it far exceeded them. Just a touch of funk, mild tartness, overall very light and enjoyable. Probably one of those beers 'perfect on a hot day' but I don't like drinking beer when I'm hot so idk. Beer has never been refreshing to me lol

A ticket to Hunaphu Day cost $200 and you got 4 750ml bottles of this years Huna and a tote bag. I'm not keeping any of my bottles so I basically got to go for free. So many beers and basically everything I had was at least kinda good but a handful were fucking bomb, including 'mainer weisse' from Night Shift brewing, a berliner weisse brewed with blueberries aged on cinnamon sticks. Tasted like tart blueberry yogurt with just a touch of cinnamon on the finish. Dank.
    Definitely going back next year. Oh, and there were bonuses in the tote bag including a CCB keychain bottle opener, a Hunaphu Day sticker and a can of 'You Never Know' double IPA. Some have said its a mystery beer but from most posts I've seen, it's just a very good ipa. I don't drink IPAs but I'll send it to someone who does and they'll me.

I wish I wouldve taken pics of some of the pours cause there was some great color and I even thought about it while I was drinking but I just didnt. The food was cold but solid, had a brat on a pretzel bun. The merch line was br00tal, I blame it entirely for my burned neck (and me not realizing a multiple hour long outdoor event would burn me, not like I've lived in Florida for most of my life), but I got a shirt and glasses for friends. 
    Cigar City almost canceled the event because last years blew up and got shut down but they brought it back and (even though it was my first time) they did an awesome job. 
    I'll go again even if I have to keep my beers and pay for my ticket.

I'm thinking about going to the DFO in Oregon this year but a flight to Eugene and a few nights in a hotel will cost me around a grand.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD FINALLY DO YOUR FUCKING TAXES FLAMMZ GODDAMMIT WHAT THE FUCK COME ON MAN.

I guess I had a lot to share. No pics though lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. Who wants to see what $220 in beer looks like (before tax)

[​IMG]

not all are for me though

• Like Like x 2
  8. #808 flammzrant, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
    gotten a few new things lately, will try to post pics when the latest one comes in. 
    sold a couple of my more prized items as well, times a changin
    this is really just a hey ya'll how ya doin

• Like Like x 2
  9. so sweet . so much craftsmanship. keep doing you

10. what did you sell? better not have been anything i wanted [​IMG]

11. warlock and molecule, i think you knew about both. warlock was a few months ago or so, molecule was maybe one month? idk. warlock got the cruiser, molecule kept me from overspending :p

my bmartin functional shipped today, thats the last thing i'm waiting on and am pretty stoked for

12. figured this thread deserved a bump.
    I just got done going all the way through it after going through the Heady thread in its entirety.
    miss you, Flammz.