This is Americas problem.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by headie shot, Nov 8, 2012.

1. I took this of my former football coaches FB. It is his words.

Too many people think this way and this makes the world so fucked up.

"Let others lose sleep over the election. Let others grow bitter from party or petty rivalries. Let others cast their hope with the people of the elephant or donkey. Not me...I place my trust in God. How many kings has he seen come and go? How many nations has he seen stand and fall? He is above them all. He oversees them all. So, while others get anxious, I don't. Here is what I do: I pray. I will pray for our president and support his positions whenever I can do so while remaining loyal to my King. Where I cannot, I will voice my opposition and work to persuade others to affirm Biblical truth as I understand it. As Daniel Wrbster said, "Whatever makes men good Christians makes them good citizens." I will seek to validate that, because in these days, America needs both."

In other words, he puts his religion over the good of mankind.

2. wtf did i just read

3. If we would have remained loyal to our king in the late 1700's this country wouldnt exist.

4. This doesn't bother me too much. After all what is "for the good of hummanity." I would say its the abolishment of the state. He would say Christianity somebody else might say something different.

And supporting the US Government is not for the good of humanity lol.

5. We could have heaven on earth. Why not strive for that

6. A heaven on Earth could mean many different things to many different people.

7. The answer to America's problem is simple! Nobody has any courage anymore.. it takes courage to go out of your comfort zone and into the rabbit hole. We live in a country of nancy boys who live in a world of apathy. Religion has nothing to do with it, rather a cop out argument.

8. Religion is a favorite scapegoat of many people, especially atheists.

9. Religion is the problem is what im getting from this thread

10. Literally seen 5 facebook posts so far telling people to stop crying about the elections and have faith in God instead.

THE FUCK

11. That is their way of saying,

"The media may have taught me to hate everything about Obama."

"But im not going to do anything about it."

12. #12 Mairuzu, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012

True and more than likely never going to happen. What I meant was, religious people need to realize that we have free will for a reason. God states that you can have heaven on earth so my suggestion is to stop relying on him and get up and help.

Some of them were Obama supporters actually lol.

Basically they're saying. "Stop crying about the results, shows your lack of faith."

Edit: As if faith helps. Faith is mainly used for the religious to want to stay alive after death.

13. Many people have "faith" in the state. Statism is a religion.

14. I'm.an atheist and I think that was a great post.

Regardless of who wins the presidency you have little or no power over it.

Live how you think is right regardless of.your leader

15. Agreed. I don't mind that people pray for solutions, because I know that there are people that are actually working on solutions.

16. I believe in God, yet agree with the OP.

I don't use facebook, but if any of you see some ignorant post like that, comment and say,

"Faith without works is dead."