This is amazing...future of growing

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Stryder85, May 16, 2010.

1. WTF .... ideas flowin

2. This method isnt rad becuase it rotates, its awsome becuase you maximises Square foot exposure to a limited amount of light, while maintaining the highest possible light intensity to all clones.

That's just plain wrong. You'd probably use twice as many lights to get the same amount of square foot of plants exposed to that intensity of light energy.
    If you grow that amount of Square foot of plants and the same amount of lights, but out flat instead of wrapped around the lightsource, theres no way that the plants would be exposed to the same intensity.

The only reason it needs to rotate is so that all the clones grow at the same rate, and mantain the same distance from the cooltube.

3. incorrect , it rotates to move the plants thru the hydro solution.....

4. #24 Sam87, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    Which you could do with a circular trellis and a cool tube. I just don't find it that innovative.

Also, let me clarify my position. One of the problems of being high all the time is that things come out a bit off some times, and don'y always get thought through or explained.

Personally, I think the technology is interesting. However, these things have been around for a while, and everything I have ever heard about them says gimmick. In the right hands, with the right kind of work put in, it could be interesting.

But there are issues. For American growers especially. You won't be able to fill one of these in a med state, and still maintain a plant count. It's useless as far as that goes. And getting caught with even one of those means you hit the feds mandatory minimum. In 20 years, with legalization, there would probably be a multitude of uses for it. Shit, right now, just setting up a lower light model to grow food with could be a very useful thing, but plant variations would require a lot of re working for each crop. Cabbages, maybe.

There's just too little info out there to get excited yet. The thread up top, apparently the grower was dissatisfied with the things, and switched back to running a standard SOG. That says a lot to me about the actual efficiency of the units.

5. damn thats a cool idea. very creative design. and wow those buds look potent. nice pics too

6. exactly... although vertical circular trellises can be hard to work with (which is the one advantage of going horizontal) I've been thinking of building my next cab like this:

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/606210-360-cab-design.html

to try and keep it accessible

7. oh my god.

i had that exact idea a few days ago.
    can someone say DIY?

8. Anyone else already planning a ghetto rigged Rotogrow in their head?? I'm heading to the hardware store.. peace!

9. I guess it would be nice...if plant numbers were of no concern to the operator. Me personally its a bit of overkill for me.

10. about ten years ago it was called the omega garden, its not a new idea

11. I don't care if its a new idea or not. I think it's a GREAT investment in the long run. Especially since marijuana is almost legal everywhere.:smoke:. 4lbs would cover the cost in first grow. Then the rest is yours to do whatever with.

12. #33 Berry, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    They had one of these made by a different company at one of the hydro stores I used to go to. It sat there for over 2 years in their inventory and nobody wanted to buy it. They even dropped the price down to $700 and still nobody wanted it because the plant height would be so limited.

13. Moving parts? And lots of em? I got enough worries just with pumps......

14. oe thing about thing thing is ur useing a shit load of clones on each run

15. ^somebody's baked

16. This thread is from 2010, so it didn't really take off did it :smoking:

17. No they run a minimum of 150 plants.

@ Thunder fuck.....this Co. has been marketing this thing under different names for 2 decades...it was referred to as the Omega Garden when I first saw it. And they were set up to run in tiers 3 high..so in the one footprint they'd have 900 plus lollopoped clones in 3 rotary gardens. Kinda slick..but like I said too many moving parts+ electricty+ a thousand degree bulb= ohhh fuck.

18. i was referring to that lol

19. :wave: Thought so.

I found even running CO2 was more effort than I needed. I've never run light-movers for the same reason even though they work well :smoking: