This is a question for all you adults/parents out there

Discussion in 'General' started by CGTennis123, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Ok, I'm still a kid...well I'm legally an adult cuz i'm 20 but I'm still a kid in college. And I'm wondering, when I get caught by my parents how should i act? Should I sound scared or not sound scared? i just want to get an opinion of an adult cuz chances are what you think is prolly what my parents are thinking. Like how should I act to get the best outcome?

2. Look at your signature. Defend your actions, tell the straight up truth, and hope they accept it.

3. Yeah, they're not going to accept it. I've been caught 3 times in HS and once in college. All times by my parents...never by the cops. But everytime I get caught I always say something or have a tone in my voice that screws it up. I'm never mean to them when I'm caught of course but Idk if it's me sounding scared that lets my dad know I haven't totally stopped caring. But what do you think I should sound like to get teh best outcome? What should I say...and I can't give them that stuff saying it's my life now, accept it. My parents will never accept it.

4. you already know what you have to do/the only thing you can do. we don't know the situation as well as you; we can only say what we would do. you say they won't accept it. what do they do? get angry? threaten you? you didn't give us enough details to predict an outcome. not everybody gets caught. i haven't. and confessing isn't always the best option. do what you can to be respectable, respecting them, and still smoking. whatever you can do to keep all 3 of those things means you're in good shape. in this case i agree with what they don't know won't hurt them. you know better than them about weed. it's the truth in most families. so why bother telling them if bad things will happen inevitably.

5. I'm the same age as you, so I guess I can't give a perspective of a parent, but here's my two cents:

1) Don't act scared. There is nothing about weed that is scary, and if you act scared your parents are going to get that vibe and it's not going to help you, I would think. Do you mean like act afraid of their "wrath" or like afraid of marijuana, or what? I guess I'm not clear on what you mean right here.

2) If your parents don't accept dope, I doubt you'll find anyone on this forum who can give you an accurate reaction for them because everyone here does accept marijuana as a fun/safe drug.

3) They may not accept it but they can tolerate it. Tolerance doesn't mean they have to like it, it just means they acknowledge that it exists and agree to co-exist without bothering it with their own opinion. I'm guessing they sort of do this now, I mean, if you've been caught by them 4 times before they already know, so I would try to go with this approach.

6. tell them to fuck off because you're not doing anything wrong and weed isnt havin any adverse effect on yourself and that everything against weed today in society is all bullshit and show them the evidence to prove it...and if they dont accept it, rage-fest on them.

7. If you act scared when your parents confront you, you are showing your parents that you are doing something wrong. If you believe theres nothing wrong with smoking weed, then show no fear when they confront you and point out some of the bad effects that weed have. Then show them the effects that alcohol and other types of drugs have. Do some research and when your parents confront you, you will have answers to go with their questions. Make a chart and graphs you dont have to go overboard with it but just jot somethings down show your parents that you understand weed and the effects that go with it.