Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This image made me think

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CHRHN, Mar 14, 2012.

1. My thoughts exactly:hello:

2. I've been saying since 2003 something along the lines of "it's 2003 looking down on pot, and thinking it's some dangerous devil drug makes you look retarded."

Except it's been every year I've been saying this - now 2012. It seems atrocious to think it's some horrible thing. I have ABC 15 liked on Facebook (had to tried to enter a contest - forgot to unlike them). Whenever they post something about advancements on marijuana in Arizona comments are riddled with baseless facts.

I use to try to argue, but I can't. They don't know shit. Americans are so biased and retarded it's mind boggling.

3. This is very true, too much Ignorant People in the world today.

4. #24 Fuzee, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    This really makes me think about our society and how so many kids try to fake themselves being "high" or fucked up. And many people that are high are probably the most chillest/calmest people that you will encounter. Good quotation. :hello:

5. I laugh every time someone says "It's illegal for a reason, it's bad for you!" Well with that logic, alcohol and cigarettes must be really healthy for you because they are legal.

I wish more people would think for themselves and not blindly believe what other people told them.

6. If you look closely at the picture, you'll see the artist definitely favors stoners. The man smoking is dressed for a good, white collar job. The women is showing complete hypocrisy by telling him hes a bad influence, since she is obese, dressed poorly, and obviously lets her kid eat as much as she does. The artist is pretty much trying to point out the same thing you're saying.

7. that's the point. its an editorial cartoon

8. #28 smr312, Mar 14, 2012
    yeah thats happened to me before. it was some uber religious group that picks up a bunch of snacks for their jesus parties at church or whatever at a little corner store. One of the younger girls (probably in middle school) pointed me out to one of the chaperones, louder than she had to and they were all wispering rude things. I was just standing there trying to decide on which flavor of doritos to choose doing nothing wrong. so i got mad. and just yelled to them "YEAH IM HIGH! SO WHAT?" after selecting origional flavor and making my purchase one of the older ones came up to me and tried to bring me to church saying the devil has infiltrated my mind but i can be saved if i join their church. told them i was atheist which made it worse. but thats another story.

Besides that to the OP im going to say more than half of the american population are willing to believe anything the government tells them. they say pot is bad, well then pot must of been grown in hell by the devil himself. they say anyone whe smoke it will end up doing all sorts of unmentionables. they act like youre a junkie looking for his next fix. let the people know the truth and have them form opinions of the subject on their own. dont just tell them to blindly believe what youre telling them.

9. So why should we listen to you when you do just that? Maybe we shouldn't believe this and instead blindly believe what other people say.

They say ignore the smoker, the smoker says ignore them. Who then do we believe in?

10. Quit blaming the govt.

It's individual people allowing for this, in return for money.

You want to change it? Join political science.

11. We shouldn't outlaw people from being overweight, we should outlaw stupid motherfuckin' fast food franchises from putting addictive substances in their motherfuckin' food. You don't believe processed foods are addictive? Take me for example, I'm addicted to food. I'm not fat or anything, but I recently started eating healthy, SUPER HEALTHY, only vegetables, fruits, nuts, and tofu, and I'll have these addiction type dreams where I can't control the amount of processed foods I eat. Like, my brain is wired to gorge myself on caramel and cheese burgers. If I see an unhealthy food after I've just got done eating a salad this monster like animal in my dream will cue my saliva glands (and probably dilate my pupils) I'm the type of personality that makes obese people, but damn, I'm so happy my metabolism is fast, otherwise i'd be dead already. I wish I was addicted to weed instead of food. Too bad it's not addictive. ):

12. Fat and sugar is addictive because your body needs it to survive, food companies realize this and take advantage. But that is nothing, almost everything sold caters to a basic human need, once we discovered land and resources we had to take the extra step to acquire more. Violence worked but what about the weaker folks? Play on peoples instinctual needs, a cellphone or even a piece of paper does it.

It all boils down to dealing with it or bombing the earth.

13. #33 smr312, Mar 14, 2012
    well when taken out of context yeah it you could argue that im just trying to get people to believe what i say instead of what the government. but i believe what i said was:
    "let the people know the truth and have them form opinions of the subject on their own. dont just tell them to blindly believe what youre telling them."
    so what i was saying was people need to think for themself not believe everything others say.

14. Big Pharma hates the idea of marijuana becoming legal. It isn't about helping people, it's about who has the biggest house, the newest car, the most money. At the end of the day, money talks my friend and Big Pharma has a lot of it.

15. #35 Storm Crow, Mar 14, 2012
    So, you dudes going just sit there and gripe? :cool:

Or are you willing to actually DO SOMETHING!

First off, grab yourself a FREE copy of my 2012 List! That gives you the information you need to fight that mind-boggling ignorance that is out there! Even if you never read a single medical study, and just read the news articles about them, you will end up knowing more about cannabis than the average doctor! :eek:

I have worked THOUSANDS of hours creating a medical cannabis library for you to use! GC has over 490,000 members. Can you imagine what it would be like if even HALF of you stopped playing with your "Wii"s and became activists?

If you all commented ONCE a week in an online newspaper....

We would have 245,000 comments in the news every week all backed up with medical studies.

Or wrote your federal and local politicians now and then.... :rolleyes:

Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

And the US mail is your friend! :D They do NOT require return addresses on envelopes. Slip a few "interesting" abstracts into an envelope and slap your doctor's name on the front!

Does "Aunt Rose" take Aricept? She REALLY needs to read this-

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease.
    The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

Or maybe "Uncle Joe" has atherosclerosis?

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

Nothing says you have to put your name on the envelope, and the articles speak for themselves!

And if you wonder just how much one person can accomplish, try running a search for "Granny Storm Crow".

Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes OBVIOUS! :smoke:

Get busy! End the ignorance! Become an activist! :yay:

Granny :wave:
    [/FONT]

16. The governments not going to leagalize weed when the biggest money maker is pharmasudicals right now, and by legalizing your own medicine, half the shit goes down the drain so the government gets less money and the people keep the money circulating between themselves. I mean am i right?

17. once the baby boom generation dies off then it will be legal.

18. haha for sure. We aren't going to change the ideas deeply embedded into stubborn old mens' heads. We just have to wait for those ideologies to pass onward through death so that we may abolish their idiosyncratic policies

19. excatly haha!

20. That isn't out of context, you instructed us, you said 'let the people' (an order) and 'truth'. You are sold on your word like a religious man is, its the same thing and I agree with you but just thought I would throw that out there.

I get your point but by saying it you are influencing others thoughts.