this igonrant moron

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Gerald92, Nov 21, 2009.

1. so today in philosophy club, our topic was drugs. so, a lot of people offered their opinions, some were pro drugs some werent etc., but all very intelligent. then this dumb bitch (who also looks like shit run over twice by a mack truck) has the nerve to say "well, i have some friends that smoke weed so i know its not that bad, but i just dont want to do it because i dont want to become stupid" to which i immediatly turned around and somehow managed to look at this girl and said "how do you know it makes you stupid if youve never done it" to which my friend chimed in "because thats what the commercials tell her". she was then stumbling and said some shit like "o i dont mean long term effects" or some shit that made no sense, until other people started talking and she was off the hook. shit like this annoys me. fucking ignorant morons

2. Yea, my socoligy class is full of dumbasses, they just give the same ol excuses that the commercials and D.A.R.E tell them.

3. People just believe what they hear these days. It is pretty sad.

4. So true, and its very sad indeed. Sometimes i cant help but think that our society is doomed with the people that lack common sense and knowledge. AND if you look at the future people of this country[the children] then you can see what i mean because i have seem some stupid shit just form the parents who raise their kids i cant imagine how many kids are going to end up fucked up worse then the idiots who raised them:(

5. Thats some funny ass shit and its true. It worries me as well. But what can you do :confused:

6. She's misinformed, not stupid. Blame society.

7. Blame society? I blame laziness to learn. Most people just want to just sit back and let other people regurgitate up their own "knowledge" into their mouths, which they just slurp up.

Harder to go out and investigate the matter for themselves.

8. that is very igonrant.

9. I blame both.
    They pump out these lies and she follows them blindly.

10. Oh yeah, that shit is nothing. These kids in my law class didn't even know there was such a thing as medical marijuana.

And the kids who think weed is legal in jamaica fuckin piss me off, just cus the rastas smoke freely they think its legal.

11. truth.

12. no i blame her. we all are informed. why shouldnt she be? its her own fault.

13. I find it really funny how you expect everyone to be experts on weed.

14. kids in LAW class dont know about medical marijuana? what is this world coming to?

15. lol @ experts. im really not even an expert. i dont think simply knowing how weed effects you and having your own opinion makes you an expert, but ok.

16. #16 Postal Blowfish, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009

yes, people can be quite dumb.

but how long have you had to get used to this reality? seems to me like if this stuff is pissing you off, you're taking it too seriously. shit like this just makes me laugh. i'd probably have been mocking her openly (albeit subtly).

Why should she escape the blame for being so intellectually lazy she couldn't have preivously challenged an idea on her own? She's misinformed because she didn't care to analyze the information she had, not because of society. I wouldn't even blame the people who gave her the wrong information but for the fact that they know it's wrong and that's dishonest.

17. shes ignorant dont worry bout it

18. Lack of interest combined with no real reason to doubt the information provided to her by parents, teachers, and media accounts for her accounts for her misinformation. She wasn't speaking out against weed, she was saying that personally, she didn't want to try it. There's nothing wrong with this. I know you guys like to jump on everyone who isn't an aficionado, but that's not right.

19. i know how ya feel... i hate having to listen to someone voice their opinion and then have to tell them its IS wrong...

"because thats what the commercials tell her" .... LOL:smoking:

20. #20 Postal Blowfish, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009

I don't have any idea that anyone who doesn't smoke is ignorant. What ignorance I see is ignorance, but it's mostly caused by laziness. The point I was making is that you cannot form an original opinion by simply hearing someone else's opinion or message and just accept that without doing your own analysis.

Sure, maybe it seems cheap to get this idea from a drug ad, and it's not a terribly important idea to a non-smoker, but if you care about whether your opinions are based in truth then the only thing you can do is evaluate the information you have in the context of as many facts as you can find. So you might not smoke pot, and you might have heard that it makes you stupid, but if you are willing to ask whether that's actually true then you challenge yourself to examine the actual facts and you form a more developed opinion than just "what I heard."

I know there are a lot of non-smokers out there, and that's fine. But there is no reason to prohibit marijuana that makes any logical sense, and even those non-smokers can understand that if they spend the time and effort to examine the facts. If they don't like it in the end, I'm okay with that. But if they oppose it only because they don't like smoking pot, and have decided that people should be prohibited from something they don't like to do simply because they don't like to do it, that's as wrong as any other discrimination.

If she said she did not want to be made "stupid" by smoking weed, that means she had an opinion that smoking would make her stupid. That's just not true. If she had spent even five minutes examinging her thesis, she would have realized that her ideas might be wrong. In the society we live in, often we form ideas first and then refuse to do any further analysis. We decide on a truth and then adamantly hold that we cannot possibly be wrong. That's why those ads exist.

In closing I will say that society would be unimaginably better if we required all people to take a serious "Basic Reasoning" course early in their high school agendas.