This has been eating away at me......

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by H4Z3, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Ok first off about 3-4 religions are about to get denounced in someway.
    I was thinking to myself one day about religion, the meaning of life, etc.... and came to the realization that the majority if not all major religions are lies.

Christianity/Catholism(essentially the same thing)

I was raised catholic BTW. Anyway I was thinking about Jesus and how he was born, you know the whole angel thing.... Now to me that seems a little far-fetched. Basically the way I see it is people in the old days could have been much stricter on the marriage and sex thing. So what if Mary went off having sex with some guy got pregnant and didn't want Joseph to find it. So she said an angel did it(see where this is going). Or maybe the Bible was just a Book. But written so amazing that people took it to heart. So my verdict is that Jesus = FALSE Christianity = FAKE Catholism = FAKE

Judaism

No offense to you jews but the Torah is pretty much one giant story. Moses can turn rivers to blood, seperate water? Sounds to me like that if moses was Alive today he would beast it up on WOW. But seriously Its just a story about a magic man.
    Judaism = Fake

Islam

Well to be honest I don't know all that much about islam. I know enough that it is muslim propaganda. I mean if you think about it if they die in battle they get 72 virgins. Therefore making them hateful people. They have no problem throwing there lifes away for their version of the afterlife. Perfect tool for the gov't to use to get more people to fight for the war. Islam = FAKE/Propganda

For that matter religion is nothing but a tool for warring. The crusades, Islam V. Palestine, 9/11........countless bombings and deaths to beliefs/stories. Trust me all this makes more sense if you heard instead of read it. Is there reason or measure of years is all based around the birth of a possibly false deity. OMG REVALATION.... The governments created religion! They created religion to dictate how the world is ordered. TIme, war, everything. History is nothing but scripted events that unfold with each day! It makes perfect sense now. We live in a prescripted world Everything has happened before and is re happnening like a never ending repeating time paradox. or maybe not who knows.

Maybe we are nothing at all, maybe no one exists until we see the only person who does. what if no one exists and we all part of someone elses reality. maybe this is all my pre scripted reality that is just one of many that have all been made up by me but I can't remember. Or maybe I don't exist but am infect part of one of your realities and me typing this is all prescripted. Maybe no one exist until we all exist.
    This is infact what I believe.......

But to be honest if we didn't have religion we wouldn't have such a dare to say stable world. Some people can't handle the fact that There is nothing out there so if it weren't for this story books and philosophers the world would be chaotic.

if you need clarification i will do my best to help you out lol I know i went all over the place

2. #3 FCFondler, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. You've forgotten to justify your thoughts on one of the oldest religions - Hinduism.

Happy toking

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLYqxpv-pAI]YouTube - Opening the Crown Portal - GoldRing XVIB[/ame]

5. i totally agree with OP, religion was created simply to control the masses.

PS all the religions you named share the same story and ideals, thus = the same bullshit.
    I am interested in actually reading the old testament again though, there's a lot of history there and insight into the world back in the day. it's one of the oldest books in the western world so i think it bears some importance.

I think it's very natural for humans to search for religion. think of it this way, if you were trapped in a well for days and slowly dying, regardless of your religious beliefs, i bet that towards the end of your life, you would look to a higher being to save your ass. it just seems that when we have little control over things, it's a great relief on the mind/soul/whatever to believe there is something else at work.

6. I meant to put the same story thing in.

How all the three that I listed have their own prophets/messiah
    Christianity/Catholicism = Jesus
    Judaism = Moses
    Islam = Mohammad

7. Honestly the reason I didn't mention the older religions is because the majority of there teachings make sense

8. That's fair enough man.

9. not sure i agree that a world without religion would be unstable, to have a world without religion you need the whole world to not need religion, in which case the world would be much more stable lol

but otherwise cool, keep on pondering , the truth is out there :)

10. I don't know if there is any truth out there to be found as such, just that religions, whatever stripe they may come in, have very little relevance to the truth concept.

At best they give a pre-scientific description of human nature, at worst, they try to stifle human nature. All packaged in supernatural hokum.

Neither is very satisfying, and the latter is entirely detrimental.

But I can live with the notion that we're part of nature. We're special in the sense that we know we are special, but as far as nature is concerned, we're just creatures on an insignificant planet orbiting an ordinary star in the outskirsts of an ordinary galaxy amongst billions of similar galaxies.

What we do or don't is up to us, no-one is around to moderate. That might seem scary, but it is also an opportunity to make fantastic things happen.

Not just for us humans, but for all life on our earth.

Just as soon as we realize how precious it is ofcourse...

11. His name was Robert Paulson

12. i always thought religion was a way to keep people in check and not make them afraid of death...usually the weak minded people

13. subservience

b/c we only thrive when our conciousness is united