This growing experiment might make you laugh

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sims420, May 20, 2011.

1. So what I am doing is a little experiment. I live in a apartment on the bottom with little sunlight. The plant, placed in a certain location on the patio, will get about three hours of direct sunlight. Other than that it get semi bright filtered shade. After about 4pm when the sun has gone behind the building, I bring it indoors under my two huge kitchen florescent lights and turn on my stove light also, I keep these on until I got to bed at around 11pm. Then I bring it outside over night. (Starts to laugh) I am just wondering is anyone has anything to say about this. The plant is outside from 11pm to 4pm getting around 3 hours of direct sunlight, then it gets brought in for 6 hours of florescent light. I have no room in my house and am battling with the sun. Any ideas? Leave it outside the whole time? Is this bad, will it work? :confused: :eek: :smoke:

2. just grow indoors bro. your plants probely gonna die

3. if i were you, i would not have a plant sitting on my patio.

4. I am hidden pretty well. No one can see me.

So just grow the plant under my florescent lights? will the be enough to make it flower?

5. [​IMG]Well, (if its not an autoflowering plant, which most likely it is not) the plant would start to flower under 12 hour light and 12 hour darkness, or about August if left outdoors. But, there are a lot of factors to consider like the proper light spectrum, plant health, current amount of light the plant is getting, and so forth. Also, is the plant a female or a male plant? If it is a male, you can forget about flowering.

Just try to think how the plant grows out in the wild, and how the sun keeps getting longer and longer till about July 21st, and then starts to decline. It is during the time when the nights are getting longer, that the plant says hey - I gotta flower.

6. Keeping it out side on the patio. Healthy and growing well. I staked it, and tied it down so it would not get to tall. Also helping with getting the maximum sunlight.
    It is a clone form a club, so I am told they are all female.
    I am planning on keeping it in a very small pot at first, just a bit bigger than the 6" cup it came in. This is to sort of bind the root (just a bit, because I check the roots every week) and then re pot it so that when its in a bigger area, it is relieved. Just like any other outdoor plant you get from a nursery.

How does that sound?

$ims

7. If you live in the city it wont flower properly on a patio. Best just to leave it alone cannabis doesent actualy need direct sunlight 24/7 as its in the name WEED they are tough little fuckers

8. :cool: growing great, kept it outside under 3 hours of direct sunlight and the rest of the day great filtered shade.

9. i guess i forgot to tell you i have a 215 script

10. you guys are all fucking stupid. what would it matter if i live in the city or the country? and no shit marijuana does not get 24/7 light.... are you guys retards or just kids?

11. Probably just high.[​IMG]

12. #12 Entropywins, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011
    That needs some more light, I like you live in an apartment and have some lowryders on my back patio (I also have a bunch of other plants no one ever notices the two cannabis plants in my garden). Mine get about 5 direct sunlight and I feel it is barely enough and that is the afternoon sun. Anyways if you could get more light on it indoor that would be better, how many inches between nodes? If it starts stretching to much you are most likely going to lose the plant so make sure to get lots and lots of lights on it oh and then some more lights, have fun!

You can leave it outside but I have seen friends who gets close to three hours of light on their plants and they didn't flower through november (this was last year and my plants got a little more normal lighting and flowered fine) and ended up pulling inside and throwing em under 1,000watt hps before they flowered, so that might be an issue. How many watts of lights indoors do you have, and the node spacing if you let me know I can give you a better idea.

13. Maybe respect the people answering your question and probably saving your goddamned plant.