This fucking world we live in

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DanceBass, Oct 20, 2011.

1. I can't believe some of the replies are rationalizing the peoples behavior. At a moment like that, you shouldn't have rationalization.. you should have "OH FUCK I JUST HIT A KID I'M GETTING OUT OF THAT CAR SCREAMING AND CALLING THE COPS" or "HOLY SHIT THAT KID WAS JUST HIT I'M GOING TO RUN OVER AND HELP ANYWAY I CAN"

Obviously not that exact thought pattern :p but on a serious note.. you shouldn't think at moment like that. The first concern should be the little 2 year old bleeding on the ground.. Not your own fucking selfishness of how you life is going to be ruined.

Way to be human, people :rolleyes:

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-lPXapQGbM]10 kids, teens held in Philly 'dungeon' case via~ Today Show nbc universal - YouTube[/ame]

I think the Chinese girl video is worse because it shows normal bystanders being terrible people, but this is one of the most horrible things I've ever seen and it's really depressing to see this and the Chinese story next to each other on news websites (both stories broke at about the same time).

It's disgusting that people would defend that behavior. The people in the video walked by the girl like she was roadkill, cars drove around her, at least one drove over her again...while she was still alive. And people are willing to say that if they saw a little girl dead or dying in the road they wouldn't do anything? Why not pull out your fucking cell phone and call a fucking ambulance?

3. Apparently there aren't many "Good Samaritans" left in the world today. I could see this happening in other parts of the world.

4. [quote name='"xpixiex"']Apparently there aren't many "Good Samaritans" left in the world today. I could see this happening in other parts of the world.[/quote]

The moral degradation of society honestly scares me...

5. You and me both.

6. I know it does happen in America, but never with a 2 year old girl.

7. people suck, that's all there is too it.

but with that knowledge, you can make yourself a better person.

8. Disgraceful people,

I don't know enough about the Chinese culture,
    But If this happened in Canada, I'm 90% positive
    that somebody would go to help.

9. I am 100% sure that if those people were high on weed they would have saved her life.

10. I seriously hope you're trolling right now. Dude I would be fucking MORTIFIED. Get the license plate number and call the cops, it's that damn easy.

11. Check out the link, I 'aint trolling. It still absolutely fucking boggles my mind. I'd have to fight the urge to not go and help someone whose injured, especially if it's a child.

12. i doubt it. people suck everywhere.

i remember a recent story about a homeless man that was stabbed. and as he lay there in the gutter bleeding from his gut, multiple people walked on by paying no attention to him even as he was calling out for help.

some people even had the audacity to have a conversation with another person while occasionally glancing at him, looking straight at the pool of blood he was laying in.

he died, slowly bleeding to death. no one did anything. it was caught all on a security camera from a near by building.