This fucking world we live in

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DanceBass, Oct 20, 2011.

1. I just saw a video today and wasn't sure how many other people here have seen it. It's of a 2 year old Chinese girl who was run over and left in the street in China while 18 (EIGHT-MUTHERFUCKIN-TEEN) people walked by and did nothing for this poor child over a span of around 7 minutes. Oh yeah, another vehicle also ran over her to not even giving a fuck.

This fucking world

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwqZWHUZ0w&feature=related]Chinese toddler struck by 2 trucks - left for dead & passerbys refused to help [English Subtitles] - YouTube[/ame]

2. Welcome to the bystander effect. Disgusting isn't it?

3. I just can't fathom how those people just couldn't do anything. They're just as guilty for not even calling for help.

4. Wow gotta love how the original guy that hits her opts to run over her with the back wheels instead of stopping and getting out to check if shes okay.

"Should I get out and bring her to a hospital? Nah ill just run her over a second time."

What a bunch of assholes.

5. Wow, they have a one child policy right, and they want boys not girls right.

Still fucked

6. yea the bystander effect is fucked up

7. thats real fucked up. i have no faith in humanity. but im not really surprised that happend in china where they kill the baby girls if they dont want them. smh.

8. No... this is the douchebag effect. Human beings being lousy ass, selfish, apathetic douchebags.

9. dude rolled over her man...

10. This is what someone in china said in response to the incident:

Those above who are saying that our countrymen have become numb, I want to ask simply: What would you do if you ran into this kind of thing? Don’t just blame this or that on this internet post, would you risk being accused of being the perpetrator? Would you be willing to dump your entire family’s savings into the endless vortex of accident compensation? You aren’t afraid of going to jail as the perpetrator? Have you not considered that one moment of greatness could mean your entire family losing their happiness with you? Do you know just how many Nanjing judge [case results] there are? Do you think it is only Nanjing? The consequences of moral turpitude is not something that you and I can rectify. We are just ordinary people. Seeing this kind of thing, I can only describe it as heart-breaking, but I would be numb/indifferent like those 18 people…because I am a normal person!!!

Source: 2-Year-Old Girl Ran Over by Van & Ignored by 18 Bystanders

You can read more responses there, closer to the bottom

11. This video literally made me sick. People like that should be tortured & euthanized

12. with as many people as their are in china, they probably see something like this like.... a million times a day. statistics... fucked up though

13. K just watched the.video and wow....just seeing that was horrible...i cant imagine being the mom (where was she though?), at first I thot her legs got smeared by the 2nd truck, but just seeing her whole body like a rag doll

14. As horrible as it is, I might have to agree with this person. While it is a horrific incident and the fact that people ignored her is horrible, we are all just humans.

I hope with all my heart that if I ever saw that I would stop to help, and I like to believe I would, but you never know. If everyone actually takes a look at themselves I'm sure that most if not all of you are the same way I am.

I am not in any way defending the actions of the passerbys, but I feel that this shows the disturbing side of human nature, not just these people.

Everyone say a prayer for Lulu.

15. [quote name='"TheOriginalMad"']

As horrible as it is, I might have to agree with this person. While it is a horrific incident and the fact that people ignored her is horrible, we are all just humans.

I hope with all my heart that if I ever saw that I would stop to help, and I like to believe I would, but you never know. If everyone actually takes a look at themselves I'm sure that most if not all of you are the same way I am.

I am not in any way defending the actions of the passerbys, but I feel that this shows the disturbing side of human nature, not just these people.

Everyone say a prayer for Lulu.[/quote]

I dont understand how it could maje them the perpatrator?(sp?)

16. #16 Elem3nt17, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011
    I can honestly say if I witnessed a 2 year old get hit by a vehicle, I would not sit around and do nothing. I once saw a dog get run over, both of his hind legs got mangled. He went into shock and limped/ran into the bushes. I chased after him for a long long way into the bush before he finally gave up and laid down near a tree. Just looking at his legs made me want to cry, but I still managed to scoop him up and get him to the nearest house where they loaded him up and took him to a veterinary clinic. After it was all over I cried for a bit. It was hard to deal with a dying creature but I felt I did what I had to. I know for sure I would fight a hundred times harder to help a little girl.

17. What the fuck man this is crazy. I feel like in America this would not happen though.

18. Reminds me of that one time that homeless man saved a random woman from being mugged and ended up being stabbed to death. He just sat their face down in the concrete in the middle of the sidewalk. So many people walked by and finaly that one person stopped and it was too late. This was in new york and all on surveilance

19. Too bad it happens alot in America, all over the world actually. Called The Bystander effect, as previously mentioned.

20. People were scared of the Nanjing judge??! That's why they didn't help?? What?!

I spared myself from watching this video for days, but I just finally gave in.

It evoked more emotions than I thought it would... :(

I love the Oriental people, but this is just inexcusable. Look at THIS comment from that site:

Uhh. Really? I'm speechless...

They're all blaming it on that judge.

:confused:

:mad: