This fucking lying ass religion...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by HighAsFuck247, Apr 22, 2010.

1. I know people laugh and joke about various religions and their level of "concern" for their members. One of which religions I would like to bring up is the Jehovah's Witness religion. I have been raised in that religion and literally had it forced upon me from birth until the age of 18. If I didn't make it my main goal in life to follow their belief system, my parents would disown me. Which brings up these topics for discussion.

1. Why would a loving God hate his children for a mistake that was made? If Jesus died for all of us, who are imperfect older men to be passing out quick judgments and shunning people from the organization as a result of breaking a man-made regulation?

2. Perhaps the Word of God is Love and these holy books are merely a false definition of love that brings hate and confusion to our minds from birth.

3. Fear is a tool used by the devil, yet they have all of their members locked in with it. What is freedom of religion when it impedes on the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

4. What is freedom in this country when you have been scarred and physically damaged to the point where you can't even stand up straight? They are discriminating and can i sue? NO. You can't sue a religion even if its breaking the law.

5. It made my parents neglect me and lie to me, I lived in a straight up prison my whole life with someone monitoring my every move. The religion is built on negativity and paranoia, lack of trust, and complete devotion to the GUN (bible).

6. Would God want us to appreciate him by enjoying our bodies, and the things he created for us? Wouldn't he want us to bring him glory by growing his creation, making music, and loving? ... or is it really that he would rather we neglect ourselves and sit inside reading books and walking around judging?

7. I have lost so many friends and family as a result of other people's attitudes towards me, this RELIGION literally cursed my life and I need a way out. \t\t \t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t[​IMG]

Just bare with me...

Also their is a real lack of information about this religion. Perhaps the creator, Charles Taze Russel, was the false prophet. I also heard that some of the bands like ICP, and Psychopathic came out of those religions and look how much they got hurt. I heard Wayne actually made the watchtower.

"young guard in the building bout to start a religion"

This religion is THE SOLE REASON... I have had such a miserable life and I would appreciate any advice.... is there any way at all to get to another country for free without joining the army?

2. My next door neighbor is a Jehovah witness (seems i get a copy of Awake & Watch Tower in front of my door every couple of weeks).

My question is what's the deal with Blood transfusions/surgeries? the woman's daughter is "legally" blind from some Macular problem, but she told me it could be fixed... if she was allowed (I assume its something to-do with the no blood transfusion/surgery thing)

I can understand them not celebrating birthdays and other non-essential things, but why don't you want Surgery?

Also your Point #6; I thought you were allowed to sing and Dance, and it was all covered by Psalms 149:3? can't you just claim you praising god when making music, or dancing? I'm sure your elders can't criticize you for that.

Please forgive any ignorance in my post, I'm not religious, and was raised by vegan hippies, although I understand your frustration over being raised in an unorthodox way, I'm not quite up-to-date on all aspects of the different religions.

3. #1. If your location is right, you are still in the United States, and we are still a free country.

#2. If you follow the rules here, you are at least 18 years old, and therefore considered an adult, so for all legal purposes, you are free to do as you wish.

I do understand that this religion and its belief systems obviously run VERY deep in your family, but you have a difficult decision to make. It almost sounds like it's either going to be your family and their religion or your sanity.

I do not wish that burden upon anyone, but unfortunately that burden to make that decision lies with you. At this point, it is highly unlikely that any talks with your parents will have any effect whatsoever on changing THEIR minds, but this would probably be the logical first step to take with them.

Try to simply explain how the pressures of this religion are affecting YOU in a negative way without attacking the religion itself. I know that sounds difficult, but that's probably the best way to approach it.

4. I need their help... I keep getting fucked over so bad. I'm about to be homeless in less then a week and I can't find work.

I SUPPORT THE WAR ON RELIGION! END THE WAR ON DRUGS! WAR ON HATE AND DEATH IS MORE IMPORTANT! WHATS ONE MORE WAR? THEIR ALREADY IN WAY OVER THEIR HEAD!

My sanity depends on family, friends, and what i need to survive... ATM i'm gonna end up on the street and go postal. Red Flag! no wonder people put bombs in mailboxes. The more I figure out, the longer of a book i could right with more truth than the bible.

Also it says "if a person doesn't take care of their family they are worse then a person without faith".... JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ARE HYPOCRITES... POOR CONTROLLED PEOPLE I WANT TO GET RID OF THIS LIE!

5. By what you've mentioned I don't think your immediate family is helping you sanity or mental state much, but if you have friends that aren't involved in the same religious community as your parents, can't they help you out for abit?

Most friends will let you crash on a couch for a few days, and as long as you don't criticize their way of living (which can be hard, and happen without thinking when you've been indoctrinated into "strong faiths")

I honestly think your best choice would be speaking to friends about the situation, and ask them for some help and support, without sounding too melodramatic or becomming a buzzkill around the house (I've helped out a few friends like that before, but they can get on your nerves when they're only being negative. i know this sounds a little selfish, judgmental and heartless, but it can and does effect relationships after a while)

6. god is one thing
    religion is another
    remember that

7. Word up.

I still see god as loving, though. I mean, i love everything I create, why wouldn't he?

8. Errr this might be the "problem". Your sanity should not depend on anything external because the external world is constantly changing, serenity/peace/calmness comes from deep within. I would suggest a true SPIRITUAL search, not religion. Religion will always be spirituality's enemy for the religious think they know it all, there is no space for them to learn anything.

9. god is all knowing with knowledge of everything known or unknown.
    religion is human way of worshiping their god
    there are many setbacks in religion

10. ITS CALLED HAVING THE NECESSARY THINGS TO STAY ALIVE! Hypocrites, dumb asses. I wanna go back to that fucking kingdom hall and steal their donations. They killing their members of hate and fear on the real! :devious:

11. How so?

And if you need their help so bad you should be willing to live the way they want you to live until you can get back on your feet. It's really not that much to ask. Yeah, maybe it's a lot of cognitive dissonance to handle, but it's sure as hell a lot better than being homeless.

So you need to figure out where your priorities lie: getting your life back on track (I'm sure you're not being fucked over for absolutely no reason), or continuing your crusade against the Watchtower organization from the streets.

12. NO I AGREE TO DO WHAT THEY WANT AND THEY THINK I CAN'T POSSIBLY DO THAT BECAUSE OF THEIR FEAR AND PARANOIA! The bottom line, Columbine is gonna happen all over again if I can't get what i need. MY 100% EFFORT is useless in this country and I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE! SO GET READY ASSHOLES.

13. All I have to say to this is grow the fuck up. For real.

Life isn't a handout. You have to work to get to where you want. Like I said, you're not getting fucked over for no reason. The way you present yourself, consistently, on these forums, proves that you're a trouble maker who can't take responsibility for his own fuck ups, and instead has to look for an out somewhere else.

You're not a saint. Things aren't going wrong for you because you're doing what you need to do. That's not how it works.

Take some responsibility, drop the ridiculous fucking emo-kid act, and grow up.

You wouldn't know what 100% effort was if it slapped you in the face. The way you talk screams that.

14. bad shit happen in life man. believe me, i believe it

15. Man, if I weren't going to school I would let you chill at my place in GR.

Good luck, dont do anything too stupid.

16. Sounds like you should blame youre parent not the religion IMO. I have friends who are Jehovahs Witnesses and are some of the happiest people Ive ever met.

17. #17 Insurgency, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    my answers are in red, just had a few comments to add

-fby

18. god is not a physical thing or person. it is the goodness inside of you that you allow to bring out. when you help they neighbor you are preforming an act of god. allowing your inner goodness to radiate through you and into the world around you.

in other words live without your ego, do not let your emotions and feelings control you. let them guide you, do not be angry, for this too shall pass.

just be present in your world and think before you speak. get to understand your ego and it will desolve.

19. Mabye humans were unplanned. Like an unplanned pregnacny. Mabye buddha or Muhamed knocked god up. Should have got an abortion.

20. Both the buddha and muhamed are human's, and therfor couldn't have created the human race.

Paradox much?