This fan will work for my tent?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ScallyWag., Oct 27, 2012.

1. Howdy. so i already got the inline fan and filter. It is a 165cfm hydrofarm fan. The room is 4x4x6.5.. My lights will be this

600W 600 Watt HPS MH Grow Light System Set Premium Kit | eBay

So my main question is will that fan be able to keep that room cool enough? that fan will clear the room a little more than once a minute.

2. It'll depend on your ambient temps in your grow area, but that's too small IMO. You always want to have more fan than you need.....that way your fan is still useful should you expand, and you can put it on a speed co trolled to really dial in your conditions.

Personally, I have a similar setup (600 w light air cooled in a 4x4 tent) and I use 435 cfm 6" fan. Where you will really need the extra oomph is in flower, and the carbon filter really restricts the capacity of a fan. By full flower, I need my fan on almost full blast to keep the humidity and temps down to ideal levels.

3. Damn phone...that was supposed to read speed controller. They work wonders for keeping noise down and really dialing in your conditions.

4. thanks for the reply. my grown tent is up to a fully open window. And winter is coming so i think it will stay fairly cool around the tent. Perhaps using 3 or so fans inside the tent will help untill i can get a new fan and filter combo

5. also going to design velocity stack type things for the window. one for exhuast and one duct would suck cold air into the bottom. not sure if anyone has tried this. but hopefully it will work well

6. Just remember cody, at one point the air intake may get too cold, depending on where you live. I would recommend you get atleast a 300 CFM fan so when it is too cold to have your window open that you dont risk overheating in the tent.

7. #7 TheGhost09, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-In-Line...-h-/130587979491?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:1123
    i have one of these, it came today and is of good quality but is a little loud in my opinion but im just fussy like that, should be good for your grow space?

8. Yea its a great fan. Great company. A tad loud indeed but i bought a speed controller for it so at night i can turn it down a bit. Plus it is winter so it should stay cool at night anyways