this drug is a hallucinogen???!!!!!!????

Discussion in 'General' started by Gonakikbuty, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Ok, I'm new here. Smoked WAAAYYY back in the 70's and heard lots of the propaganda about weed then and NOW. But THIS is taking it too far!

Foundation for a drug free world

Foundation for a Drug Free World Site: Adult & Teenage Drugs & Substance Abuse Facts, Drug Books Info, Education

What is Marijuana?

Marijuana is the word used to describe the dried flowers, seeds and leaves of the Indian hemp plant. On the street, it is called by many other names, such as: astro turf, bhang, dagga, dope, ganja, grass, hemp, home grown, J, Mary Jane, pot, reefer, roach, Texas tea and weed.

Hashish is a related form of the drug, made from the resins of the Indian hemp plant. Also called chocolate, hash or shit, it is on average six times stronger than marijuana.
    “Cannabis” describes any of the different drugs that come from Indian hemp, including marijuana and hashish.
    Regardless of the name, this drug is a hallucinogen-a substance which distorts how the mind perceives the world you live in.
    The chemical in cannabis that creates this distortion is known as “THC.” The amount of THC found in any given batch of marijuana may vary substantially, but overall, the percentage of THC has increased in recent years.
    How is it used?

Marijuana is a mixture of dried-out leaves, stems, flowers and seeds of the hemp plant. It is usually green, brown or gray in color.

Hashish is tan, brown or black resin that is dried and pressed into bars, sticks or balls. When smoked, both marijuana and hashish give off a distinctive, sweet odor.
    Marijuana is the most commonly used illegal drug in the world. A survey conducted in 2007 found that 14.4 million individuals in the US alone had smoked marijuana at least once during the previous month.
    Marijuana is usually smoked as a cigarette (joint), but may also be smoked in a pipe. Less often, it is mixed with food and eaten or brewed as tea. Sometimes users open up cigars and remove the tobacco, replacing it with pot-called a “blunt.” Joints and blunts are sometimes laced with other, more powerful drugs, such as crack cocaine or PCP (phencyclidine, a powerful hallucinogen).
    When a person smokes a joint, he usually feels its effect within minutes. The immediate sensations-increased heart rate, lessened coordination and balance, and a “dreamy,” unreal state of mind-peak within the first 30 minutes. These short-term effects usually wear off in two to three hours, but they could last longer, depending on how much the user takes, the potency of THC and the presence of other drugs added into the mix.
    As the typical user inhales more smoke and holds it longer than he would with a cigarette, a joint creates a severe impact on one's lungs. Aside from the discomfort that goes with sore throats and chest colds, it has been found that consuming one joint gives as much exposure to cancer-producing chemicals as smoking five cigarettes.
    The mental consequences of marijuana use are equally severe. Marijuana smokers have poorer memories and mental aptitude than do non-users.
    Animals given marijuana by researchers have even suffered structural damage to the brain.
    STREET NAMES

MARIJUANA:
    Astro turf
    Bhang
    Blunt
    Boom
    Chronic
    Dagga
    Dope
    Gangster
    Ganja
    Grass
    Hemp
    Herb
    Home grown
    J
    Kiff
    Mary Jane
    Nederweed
    Pot
    Purple Haze
    Reefer
    Roach
    Smoke
    Skunk
    Super Skunk
    Texas tea
    Weed
    White
    Widow
    HASHISH:
    Chocolate
    Hash
    Shit

The Truth About Marijuana Booklet

https://secure.drugfreeworld.org/st...l?source=gaw&gclid=CPbjpLaKtaMCFSL6iAodgmXQcw

Marijuana is the word used to describe the dried flowers, seeds and leaves of the Indian hemp plant. On the street, it is called by many other names, such as astro turf, bhang, dagga, dope, ganja, grass, hemp, home grown, J, Mary Jane, pot, reefer, roach, Texas tea and weed.
    Hashish is a related form of the drug, made from the resins of the Indian hemp plant. Also called chocolate, hash, or shit, it is on average six times stronger than marijuana.
    “Cannabis” describes any of the different drugs that come from Indian hemp, including marijuana and hashish. Regardless of the name, this drug is a hallucinogen-a substance which distorts how the mind perceives the world you live in.
    Find out what the marijuana pushers would hate for you to learn. Get the facts.

2. how is it taking it to far? marijuana is a hallucinogen.

edit: if its not.. aware me?

3. wait.. marijuana is a drug?????

4. just a plant that happens to be illegal in the us. no hallucinating.

5. #5 Casual Toker, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2010
    Who the hell even uses half those terms on that list, they're as outdated as the "facts" these people come up with...

6. WTF man you've gotta be bullshitting :eek:

7. i'm afraid i don't understand the problem here :confused_2:

8. Hate to be the bearer of bad news :rolleyes:

9. The closest you will get is very mild CEV's but I don't consieder that a hallucination. You can experience that completely sober if you're in a dark room.

10. texas tea= drank

11. Cant wait to smoke a couple ouces of shit, how bout you potties?

12. Marijuana is a mild hallucinogen. Its on the same level as LSD or anything..but if you smoke enough, you could get some color and size distortions and often get CEV's. But whos complaining:smoke:

13. "consuming one joint gives as much exposure to cancer-producing chemicals as smoking five cigarettes."

I fucking hate this shit. Not one case of cancer ever found from weed and they still have the nerve to say this. :devious:

14. If you combined every drug in the world in a perfect balance you';d get matijuana. Does anyone have that drug similarity chart/graph thing?

15. I've had auditory hallucinations from weed. Like weird ones where it just sounds like a bass drum going off near me and then nothing.

16. Maybe if you combine them all in a balance and then turn the volume way down. :rolleyes: Their was a period in time where I was completely turned off of bud because every pleasurable effect I could get from the herb I could get from something else but magnified by about 10.

17. As was said weed is a hallucinogen.

FYI being a hallucinogen doesn't always mean you're going to see shit.

18. "Hey kid, wanna try some gangsta? You know that dagga? This stuff from asia is some straight shit too, just smell it!"

19. All I know is that minorities get all hopped up on marihuana and rape white women. Then they run for President.

20. i thought texas tea was crude oil...and hell....didnt they call it that in beverly hillbillys or something