This cant be happening

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Newhydrogrower, Aug 5, 2013.

1. What happened!! First my set up.
    3.5 gallon bucket dwc
    3 air stones
    1 15lph pump for 2 stones
    1 6w air pump can't remember lph for one stone
    400w air cooled hood running mh light about 13 inches away
    6in 524cfm extractor
    6in 123cfm(estimate) inline for active intake
    Using 3 part AN nutes
    Temps high 70's low 80's lights on mid 70's lights out.
    Humidity high 40's low 50's.
    ph 5.8
    starting 3rd week of flower
    Strain super lemon haze

My issue is last week my ppm was around 900 I read that was hot for my strain. I did a res change today added about 150 ppm of cal mag and the rest AN UP TO 638 ppm I also use h2o2 to prevent root rot from high res temps. My res temps are 74-76 degrees. What went wrong she was doing great up until this res change she is dropping all over soory about the pic my light was on but I don't have any leaf color issues so I thought it wouldn't matter image.jpg

2. H202 is household bleach ...guaranteed to screw up an Ph you may be dreaming of

Flush again ...go back to a 'restore point' then add 1/2 of what you were last week, then next week if all is well, add another 1/4 of nute sol.

400w mh at 13" is 'poor' try reducing the light to 5 inches that should bring in 66000 lumen rather than the 9764 lumen you have now or even 6 inches that will bring in a comfortable 45837 lumen, notice the diff. in just 1 inch with 400w Mh ....? no shit!!

I'll include the chart:

Attached Files:

3. @[member="vostok"] I thought H2O2 was di-hydrogen di-oxide (peroxide). Not saying its good to have all the time, just saying its not cl. (Chlorine)

4. I was told h2o2 was the only thing I could do to PREVENT root rot besides buy a chiller. My res temps are mid 70's in a single bubble bucket. As far as light distance my leaf surface temp is mid to high 70's also but when I have my light inches away my top leaves look like there suffering from light stress. This is my first grow so I may be misdiagnosing the light stress ill drop my light to 8in tonight. Thanks for the response guys.

5. mY BAD!! H202 ...still a 'bleach' as it oxidizes with everything..? see http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.763.html
    ...better for you to read up root rot, as in Pythium ...see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythium

I'm old school so will see this as a fungi... and so treat it as such, as a side note last year I experimented with painting 'baking soda' on the fungi, it was highly successful, but when smoke later ...it was binned quicker(discarded) very very fast, tasted like real shit...!  shame as was a nice peace of bud...OK
    Up here in the Pacific NW, we get fog every day all year long ,,...and is a breeding ground for all types of fungi, in fact I'd have to say NorCali, has got to be one of the worst places to grow because of this, but we fight on..
    Many growers in the same situation as you, try to have there crops done by now,...in order to escape the high temps or humidity ..although many growers have this as a constant companion, mostly due to factors beyond there control ..it is a vain war we fight here, keep your grow room spick and span clean washed down 1 x 2 times per month with 10% household bleach solution.
    Reduce water as in humidity as much as possible, be mean toward feeding your plants with excess water ..attempt to remove any rotten wood or garden waste from your place, even consider using a UV light to treat incoming air to the grow room, for extreme cases see you tube vidz by Jorge Cervantas, ie washing plants in a bath, maybe just easy for you to get a chiller....?

6. @[member="vostok"] hey I wasn't tryin to correct u in an a hole way. I just didn't want OP thinking he had poisoned them. Thanks for the xtra data.