This Blows

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BayAreaToker, Jun 11, 2009.

1. *don't read if you don't wanna hear me bitch about how much my life sucks*

I dropped my phone in the toilet a couple months ago and haven't been able to afford one since. I was planning on buying one with my graduation money.

I got fired because someone else stole money out of the cash register. While I was being fired my boss told me "I know you didn't take it"...and he told me I was one of the best employees he ever had.

I've been trying to find a job ever since, and a potential employer called me yesterday asking if I could start this Friday, I turned it down because that is the day of my graduation. They hired someone else.

Today I found out my teacher failed me with a 58% (60 needed to pass) and that I'm not graduating highschool. All of my friends are walking and getting their diplomas this friday. I have a shit ton of family members coming from out of town to "see me graduate", my brother flew in from LA today. I told my mom and she instantly started crying. I feel like a complete fuck up.

oh, and to top it all off, my mom stole my cigarettes, something i need most right now :confused:

2. Damn dude thats rough. Do you at least have some bud to smoke on?

3. Aw man, my next bowl is to you good buddy..

4. It could be worse.

5. Actually my parents started drug testing me so I can no longer smoke. :(

6. Things will get better. Just keep an optimistic/positive attitude and smile( and hope you at least have some trees on hand), I know it's easier said than done. Also if you're good to those around you karma will reward you.

7. Thanks guys, I forgot to mention my car broke down yesterday and it's gonna be a few hundred to repair.

8. dang man, that's rugged.
    best of luck.

9. "Today I found out my teacher failed me with a 58%"

Go talk to him, my sister had this happen and my dad convinced her teacher to give her an extra assignemnt to pass.

What about summer school? Also what high school do you go to in SF? I go to school in the city to.

10. dude, I don't mean to be a dick, but a prepaid cell phone with minutes is like... $50 or less... There has to have been some way over the past few months you could have earned that?

And also if you were literally one credit short of graduating and knew that you weren't doing well in a class, why would you not either start trying harder or at least go talk to the teacher about it and explain the situation?

Sorry if I seem like an asshole here dude, I know it's too late at this point and I feel for you, sounds like a series of shitty events... I'm just sayin' for future reference, you have a lot more control over your situation than you think.

EDIT: And could you really not just tell your employer to delay your start by one day? Honestly, if it's graduation, seems like he/she would understand.