Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Third time making brownies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by goof, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Hey guys
    Today will be the third time making brownies. The first time i made em, they fell apart, and i didn't feel high at all until i started laughing at my housemate's eyebrows. The second time, i was gonna take them home on the ferry for my parents and friends, but got too paranoid there would be sniffer dogs when i got off the boat, so i ate the whole batch before we docked...im sure i don't need to say how awesome it was.

This time, i wanna take it a bit more seriously. I think the first time, i burnt the butter, so i reckon some of the thc might have been destroyed (right word?). This time, i know that thc doesn't work above 150C.

The method i intend to use to make the butter is:
    Get a pan with water innit, then get a measuring jug without water innit, and put the measuring jug into the pan without water innit thus making a double boiler (that's what i believe they're called). Get a whole thing of butter and dump it in the measuring jug. Melt it.

I've got a 1/4 of the best (worst) smelling cheese ive ever smelt. Smoked some last night, it works quite well. Also, i've got a bunch of kief that ive been saving for 4 months ish, and a token amount of stems and vapourisings (half a shot glass). All that is goin in there.

Mix the melted butter and greenery for 30 mins.

Stick in the fridge. The recipe i read says keep it in the fridge for 24 hours, i don't have 24 hours to wait, so imma leave it in there till im bored of studying.

Re-heat it, strain it, then filter it. Stick it in the fridge for another hour.

Then make brownies. Ready to eat tomorrow morning.

My cooker, it's cheap and shitty (student houses ftw), the hob only has 3 settings; off, simmer, and burn that shit. So, i reckon ill only be using the simmer option.

The recipe that i read for the cannabutter is the one that got stickied in this forum (Hashmouf's), it says that the weed needs to soak for 5 mins, but everywhere else ive read it says 20 - 40 mins. Both the other times ive done it for 30 mins.

Both the previous times ive eaten the brownies, ive not really paid attention to how long the high took, but was deffo a creeper. The plan is to drive upto Preston to watch Howard Marks tomorrow night.

First question, does my method seem ok?
    Second question, do you reckon these brownies are gonna put me to sleep? Am I gonna be able to go out after the gig for some bevvies?

2. Seems like you didnt decarboxylate and it seems like you probably didnt heat it enough, it should still work though.

So how did they work?

3. yea wat paleo said... 4sho 4 sho

4. lol your high as fuck huh

5. Sweet, already made the butter, it's just hangin out in the fridge now. Brownies happen in a few hours. I'll write how it goes after they've gone.

6. I just noted your recipi seems great i will try it