Third time, CFL, and all that jazz.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AliGrlNwillyDog, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Hello everyone,

This is my third grow, and I'm super excited. I moved into my new place and Ive got a closet that is going to be perfect for my little operation. I have drawn up my plans for my grow box and I ordered a carbon filter and a computer fan. I have three large CFL bulbs that im using and I'll be adding 4 more of those day light CFL bulbs. I am not super concerned with proper light spectrum and all that noise, just looking to make do with what I have got, and maybe add a little something here and there.

If you have got any suggestions in the future please feel free to voice them. But for now just stand by and watch for the updates. here is a picture, 1 or my 3 CFL monsters.

Attached Files:

2. Well, I just had a seed sprout. Im gonna give it another few hours then im going to through it into some soil and get this shit started.

3. Alright, not that anyone seems to be paying any attention to my journal and its happenings, I poked my first seed into the soil. ill be back to update in a day or two.

4. Fear not I'm hear for the trip

5. Ha, thanks Jers. You are just in time for an update. I had my first sprout pop out of the ground this morning.

Quick question, I recently heard someone say that when they grow they do straight 12 12 for a light schedule. Would that do anything to the potency or taste?

6. You shoud post some pictures of your set up. I have less experience than yourself (just had my second attempt at a grow sprout a few days ago) but I would not use 12 -12 straight through. From what I have seen for veg you want to do at least 18 hours of light a day. Good Luck! :)

7. Ookay here's what you need to know, 12/12 is best when using auto flowering plants.... You never need to flip the switch.... With that being said you can grow straight through doin 12/12 but it's not really the best thing to do, it'll end up takin longer to veg to the right size and what not.... Your better off doin 24/0 for 2 weeks than 18/6 until you hit the size you want and then flip the switch to 12/12

8. Alright, I understand what you are saying. Well after reading that I have decided to continue with the 24/0 light schedule for probably another 7 to 12 days, maybe longer.

I was originally using two 65W soft white CFL light bulbs. But, I was at the hardware store today and I came across a 65W daylight CFL bulb. Now I'm using one of each now. The day light CFL is bright, its working out better than I had hoped.

Oh, I took a few pictures for those who were interested.

Attached Files:

9. It looks good bro! Yeah for a grow like this you can't go wrong with cfls and even going 24/0 for another week or two your not gonna notice it on the electric bill... Just a suggestion but I would leave both 6500k lights in until a couple of days before you plan to flip the switch.... They will make the plant grow faster and bigger, you could go to homedepot and get y light spliters and run all 4 lights if u wanted to but your doing a good job the girl looks good

10. Yea, I do need some Y spliters. The big issue for me is that i live about an hour and a half from the closest lowes or homedepot. You'd think the local department store would have Y's, but I guess not. Ill work on snagging a couple of those up, also some more seeds. My other seed decided not to sprout.

11. Haha bag seeds bro bag seeds.... N order them online

12. Ive always been nervous about ordering online... I take it there is nothing to worry about?

13. Not over y splitters!!! Haha dude you could need them for any number of reasons, I myself am extremely paranoid with my buys I buy as much as I can in cash at like homedepot, the shit I get online is basic so it's not a big deal... Like for example the only thing I got online were my cfls but any home owner could buy them for their house or photo studio yano.... Basic shit your fine with online, 400w hps systems are a different story

14. What was your harvest on the first two grows? Did you use cfl through out?

15. yea, I used CFL on both grows before this. My first grow was a wild one. we had no idea what we were doing. We veg'd for like two and a half month. the plant was like 5 feet tall and we probably got 40 or 50 g's. The second grow I did alone, and i had two plants, the veg was about 3 to 4 weeks, I'd say my yield was about 70 to 80 grams... but its hard to be sure, I didnt have a scale.

16. OH! I thought you were telling me to order seeds online.

17. haha no no no..... i mean down the road you might have to unless you hermie your plants and just live off of the seeds from that.... but nah i was talking about the stuff you need for the grow box lol

18. Im useing thesame method as you. my first grow so wish me luck.what kind nutes do you use?

19. Who is that directed to?

20. To you. sorry about that i was looking through your thread click on reply i guess i replied to the last comment on the page my bad .