Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Third take on tinctures

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Secret_Stoner, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Hello friendly friends.

[​IMG]

So I've been experimenting with tincture this last few months. I've followed a few formulas but found that most of them leave something out.

I have a method that involves sitting the plant material with high proof alcohol for 2 days then heating the mix until simmer for 20 min, straining and pressing until dryish. Then repeat for a second wash of the material.

I then take the two washes and mix them with two full spoons of honey, then simmer and let the alcohol evaporate. With a little less than 10g I get about 30ml of this tincture. Dosage for me goes around 15 drops for a good high... as low as 6 are good for a workday.

This way is a little too thick, so you may change the amount of honey and do one tbspoon of honey and one of water instead.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good show! Especially considering the issues where you live. Unfortunately, the honey does get thick and because of that I use a little more honey then use a spoon for more consistent dosing. I like a 1:2 ratio of tincture and honey for that. :yummy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1