Thinking

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by JessChillin, Aug 20, 2013.

1. #1 JessChillin, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    Is it bad to think too much? I feel like I'm so involved in my own head that I'm missing out on life. Its like I check out and go into my own world every so often. I'm thinking about just random stuff or whatever's going on in my life at the moment. It bothers me not to be able to live in the moment. On the other hand, my favorite thing in the world is to smoke, lay in bed and think. I feel my thoughts are clearer and more focused. Also I seem to be more positive and goal oriented when im high. Should my mind never stop like this? Sorry if this is confusing its hard to explain

2. Maybe look into meditation. I think it's great to think but it's also good to be able to focus on the rest of the world.

3. #3 SwichOne, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    I know how you must feel OP. When you think too much it seems as though there is too much on your plate. It can be very draining and stressful to over-think things. The stream of thoughts then lead to other thoughts and it becomes a never ending snowball effect. 

What helped me and what I think can help you is Meditation. With meditation you aim to stop, or slow the stream of thought and as you practice more and more the gaps of "no-thought" becomes wider and wider. Out of this space is where you find peace and where true inspiration arises. Also your thoughts will be more clear and calm. 

Try it out for yourself!

There are many guides to meditation online!

4. right there with you over analysing everything 

5. Cut down on the bud. Get out more

6. I can completely relate to what you're saying. What you need to do is get in touch with your body! Whenever you find yourself thinking just take a moment to step back, calm down, and feel your body. Relax and deepen yourself. It's a balance of your mind, body and soul..never forget that!