Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking of starting to mix tobacco with my bowls

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by porschetarbo, Mar 13, 2014.

1. #1 porschetarbo, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    Hi guys, so I have been in a bit of a rut financially for the past bit....and I have decided to smoke a gram a day which is not that much IMHO. I have tried it but I find myself to be wanting more and more.....right now I'm dry and want to smoke and I have a cigarette that I've broken up a bit and want to put in the bowl but have no weed right now and don't usually smoke poppers.

So, I think I'm going to take a tiny pure cig toke out of the bowl right now so I can get high (better than nothing right?)

But I am wondering if I should start smoking all my bowls from now on with tobacco at the bottom (poppers) to save money? Because I'm only going to smoke a gram of bud a day. It will help with the money part, but what about the other pros and cons of doing this?

And what do you guys think of my technique for getting high right now? Is it a bad idea or is it fine as long as you take a tiny toke so you don't feel sick from all the nicotine?

I heard poppers are really bad for you? Thoughts? Opinions? I smoked cigs on and off for the past year and am not a regular cig smoker.

2. smoke poppers if you can handle em ;)

3. I heard the first couple times poppers are great but you quickly get dependant on them and your high wears off way quicker is that true?

Just not sure if this is a decision I will be regretting next week/next month (packing my bowls with tobacco at the bottom starting tomorrow)

Also I heard to use a special tobacco not from breaking up a cigarette? Please enlighten me :)

4. #4 SantiagoDunbar420, Mar 13, 2014
    I would say that if you're committed to smoking the same number of times a day, you gotta throw some baccy in. But as someone who'd smoked tobacco habitually, you don't want that in your life. So if you can make through a day  smoking solely cannabis, be it snaps, or gravs, or what have you, do it. Tobacco doesn't seem that bad at first, but I can tell you it escalates quicker than you can think. 
    *edit* just read the rest of your post (sorry) the thing is, whether or not you're a regular cigarette smoker or not, if you start to smoke tobacco in congruence with your cannabis consumption, it will become habitual. I didn't start smoking cigarettes at all until I got drunk for the first time, but I didn't start smoking cigarettes habitually at all until I started smoking them every time I smoked cannabis (to cover up the smell when I went back into my dorm)

5. yup, once you start smoking poppers regularly you will hate pure bongs. it saves weed and the high hits you like a tonne of bricks. face melt type of high

nah just use a tailor made cigarette

maybe just have a spliff if you dont want poppers

6. Thanks

Basically you are saying that tobacco and weed bowls (poppers, right?) are worse for your health than just weed bowls and to avoid them altogether because if you start it will be hard to go back to only weed bowls?

7. What is a tailor made cigarette? I was asking about what type of tobacco to use with the weed?

Also what is difference between spiff and popper?

Thank you:)

8. Idk if weed/tobacco bowls (we call em chop shops where I'm from) are enough to get you stuck on tobacco, I'm just warning you that even if you go into it thinking "oh I'm only gonna smoke "poppers" you may end up smoking a cigarette each time you blaze, and that tobacco itself is a treacherous slope. I truly started out only smoking cigarettes *when I had to* and I ended up smoking two packs of American Spirits a day. If you can avoid adding tobacco to your smoking mix, do it. IMO, "poppers" or chop shops should be an occasional thing, don't start adding tobacco just to add to a bowl's efficacy. Tobacco can increase a bowl's potency, but trust me you're gonna hate yourself if you end up only getting satisfaction from a bowl if you smoke a cigarette afterwards. My advice would be to take a small t-break, that way a bowl will set you and you can keep your smoking down to a level where that keeps getting you where you want to go. 

9. Don't start with tobacco. Getting nicotine out of your system and out of the habit is really frustrating.

10. The only reason you are warning to minimize popper use and that I MAY end up smoking a cigarette each time after I blaze is because of the awesome feeling of the chop shops (poppers)? You are saying I will be missing that feeling?

And your second point, when you say "trust me you're going to hate yourself if you only get satisfaction from a bowl if you need a cig afterwards" it is because of the psychological effect of knowing you are addicting to nicotine and the NEGATIVE health effects of tobacco?

Sorry for asking too much....I just want to confirm your WHY thought process so I can fully absorb your post :)

11. The basic underlying message behind my post is that no one thinks they're going to be smoking tobacco regularly when they start. Yeah, poppers feel fucking amazing, but before I knew it, I couldn't fully enjoy a bowl unless I smoked a butt afterward. The combination of tobacco and bud is amazing, but if you do it too much, before you know it you'll be smoking tobacco without bud. Don't get me wrong, poppers are awesome, but they are something that should be enjoyed sparingly and on occasion. It's not even necessarily an addiction to nicotine; I can go infinitely without negative effects from not smoking tobacco, but if I don't smoke a cigarette after a bowl, I'm not gonna get anywhere near as high as I would with tobacco. I've literally gone out and compared the effects I get from smoking with and without tobacco, and unfortunately I just don't get as high if I don't smoke a cigarette after a bowl. All I'm trying to say is that you really don't want to get to a point where you have to smoke a cigarette to feel something from a bowl. I wish that I could just be content with smoking a bowl of bud but for whatever reason it does nothing to me without a nice nicotine buzz (probably something neurochemical, or what have you.

12. This is spot on.  I used to always smoke poppers purely for conserving weed, plus they get you high AF.  But after a while I was always craving that tobacco.  Now I am a daily smoker.  I am not embarrassed by it and I really do enjoy it but, in the end, its a very bad habit.  I find it hard to quit since its enjoyable and relaxing.  Really I have no intensions on quitting either which I know is bad but it is was it is. :bongin:
    Don't make it an addiction.  By the time you realize you are addicted its to late.  I never thought I would be a smoker.

13. #13 porschetarbo, Mar 13, 2014

I see. So the reason is because after smoking poppers to a certain point....you don't enjoy a regular weed bowl like you used to (for whatever reason....neurochemical like you said).

Is this just you in particular...or do you think everybody is like this?

I do not want to require tobacco to make my bowls feel good

Do you go back to normal and can enjoy a pure green bowl after you stop poppers for a while? Or have you not tried?

Thank you friend :)

14. have you smoked a bowl yet

15. Idk if just poppers will do it, to be honest I started off smoking cigarettes after a bowl because my friend said it would enhance the high.. I just don't want to see anyone else go down the road I've gone down. The bottom line is there's no really good reason to introduce tobacco into your regular smoking habit, and to be honest I've never tried going back to not smoking tobacco for a while, because every time I try, each time I smoke a bowl I say what the fuck this isn't getting me stoned and I smoke a cigarette. Believe me I'm the last person to preach and try and get other'\\s to follow my way of life, I'm just saying if you introduce tobacco to your smoking habit, odds are you're gonna regret it. As we speak, it's 6:15 am my time and I'm getting ready to go out and smoke a butt because it's been several hours since my last once. Please don't even take the risk of getting started with this habit unless you somehow absolutely have to. 

16. I know every goddamn DARE and other drug education program/what have you warns you about "the dangers of tobacco" but please take it from me, once you start smoking tobacco, you're gonna wish you hadn't. 

17. *edit* quite apart from the health risks, you're gonna start thinking about how that money you wasted on cigarettes could have been spent on gold old mary jane

18. That is a good argument people use on me, but at $1.50 a pack....takes a while to add up.

DON'T START SMOKING!

19. #19 porschetarbo, Mar 13, 2014
    ?

I just asked you what you meant by a "tailored cigarette"? And the difference between a spliff and popper?

I am a heavy daily smoker-yes I have smoked a bowl.

Santiago, I really appreciate your answers.

The thing is, I have smoked cigarettes before, but I have never felt or consider myself "addicted".

I only used to smoke when I was drunk, so I was never a heavy cigarettes smoker. I find my body "can't handle" the cigarette smoke. I cough a lot. Same with weed but not as much, I still cough alot compared to friends though. 

I just am really scared of getting the dreaded "can't feel good from only smoking green bowls" symptom that you have. Considering my light smoking history and light experience with tobacco before-do you think I can smoke poppers without worrying too much because I haven't got addicted before?

Or...is smoking poppers like playing with fire-you will regret it? I just don't want to not be able to smoke a green bowl again.

Can anyone confirm that you go back to normal? And also please state how/when you got back to normal :)

I'm going to bed...thanks a lot SANTIAGO:)

20. got DAMN where the fuck you spending 1.50 a pack... here in new hampshire lowest you get is like 4.50 a pack and thats shitty pall malls... I thought we had the lowest prices in the country