Thinking of putting on the gloves for money

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Goopus, May 8, 2011.

1. #41 Jdahms, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    no one is being a dick. what you are trying to do is stupid and everyone is telling you that.

go to a martial arts gym and tell them this same story, and youll get the same reaction.

if you spent 1 day in a bjj gym youd see how ridiculous you are being.

unfortunately theres no good gyms i know of it your area. it would be a long drive to the gym every day.

http://www.cmmaa.com (i question the instructors background here...)

http://badwolfmma.com

2. Hmm, I suppose you're right.

3. How tall are you? You mentioned you weight only 105lbs so you must be relatively short.

Also do you know any of your lifting stats? like max bench, squat or deadlift? It would be useful for knowing what shape your body is in as a starting point.

Also how long do you have until the fight night? You are going to need a pretty long time to condition yourself, get bigger and stronger, and really learn how to fight.

If you really want to do this, than don't let anything hold you back, but make sure you are truly devoted otherwise it will not be worth it. It will take a lot of hard work but if your serious about this, than by all means go for it.

If you just enter a fight casually without any proper instruction, training or anything, i have no doubt your going to get your ass kicked, simply because anyone would. Trained fighters will win everytime over untrained fighters.

Good luck if you do decide to pursue it.

4. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Wait let me try to understand this. You don't train and you're 105lbs and you think you can completely and dominantly submit an amateur fighter who will be MUCH bigger than you.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

5. *sigh* The tournament is next year. I might not even enter it. I would love to. I am not scared of fighting. I just want to fight and give something my best go. I wish I knew another way to get respect. All I was doing was posting to maybe try to get some encouragement on a site that I have grown to love.

I don't know how to close this thread but I'll just ignore it. I doubt the desired result will come from it. It'll just be more of this shit.

6. My dog weighs more then you do

7. Life isn't a movie. It seems your like the scrawny kid who thinks his life will change by proving himself or something.. Even considering joining the tournament with your size / training now is a complete joke. Maybe make it a goal to join a gym and gain 40+ pounds of muscle in a year.

p.s if you are the guy in your avatar in the white. ill fight u with 1 arm

8. Hey bro on a serious note it's your prerogative if you want to enter a fight and get hurt. If you really want to try it then wait until 1. you can gain some mass and 2. train at a martial arts gym. There's no point to sell yourself short and enter a fight you're not prepared for. Victory is sweet but getting knocked out sucks.

9. no ones going to encourage you to do something stupid on grasscity man. and "this shit" is all good advice.

get in a gym for a year, and then if you feel youre ready enter the tourny. Theres a guy in my gym who has won 8 fights in a row and has only been training 2 years because he trains so hard and is such a freak.

if you want to be serious about it youre going to have to move to a city with good gyms, or drive 2 hours to class every night. a few guys at my gym drive 2 hours each way every day.

10. I guess that'd take time man, it'd take some dedication. I guess I need to do some deep thinking on it. I'm sorry for getting a bit hostile in response.

And as for you 306, I'd fight you any day as well. Maybe not with one arm tied behind my back because that just seems stupid. Sure, you'd probably beat me, but I'd fight you again. And again if you wanted to, eventually I'll beat you. It's happened before, my brother used to beat me time and again -- serious child-abuse hospital-visit beatings -- but I just kept coming back and started beating him steadily.