Thinking of moving to Colorado ; ) MMJ seems to help.

Discussion in 'General' started by Floweroflife, Aug 17, 2010.

1. #1 Floweroflife, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
    Hey All,
    I was recently hit with the reality of needing to settle down for a few years so I can finish school and needed to pick a place on the map and my friend agreed to join me. Colorado seems dope for many reasons. First, medical mj is legal and I am tired of the paranoia in growing your own ( I happen to go overboard) Second, the mountains and snowboarding, hiking, mountain biking and the lush mountain energy is right there in your backyard even when in Denver. I have visited there before and loved the riding and the vibe. Third is the people... they are beyond friendly compared to Philly and life is waaaaaaay to fukin short to be surrounded by cold people who project their insecurities out on others. Seems so much more chill than anywhere I lived and you still get the four seasons there ( which I love). Fourth, the music scene is pretty good but not in comparison to portland or NY but I am mostly interested in my own music projects anyway. Mostly though, I suffer from a few hardcore medical conditions that need more treatment then what doctors can help me with. I recently hit the reality with my head that healing could take a long time and this is getting serious... (if it can be healed):confused: So I figured having my own setup there would be less edgy and I could finally relax and connect with my own plants.(WAY TOO MANY HEADS GETTING BUSTED OUT HERE and it has been hard to relax and heal) Mostly, making music and going to skool are my priorities with being there in CO. and when I am not doing that you know its all about riding and gettin some ass. Well there are a few more things like martial arts, yoga, gettin one with shit, tracking animals, going to red rocks to see some shows, making art, sweat lodges, teaching classes on healing and connecting with good peoples etc but being in a MMJ friendly place is most important. So, what do you all think? I am looking to connect and hear peoples experiences with CO and or moving somewhere for medi needs. Peace:D

2. Bump bump....anyone:eek:
    show me some love GC.... I know yall are out there....OneLOve

3. I don't know what kinda people you think are out
    here but we don't like to share.
    He He.
    :p

4. Bump...one more time....just found someone with a similar thread...so it's worth it

5. The kind of people out there in CO are some of my best friends. I am not sure where you have lived so far but CO is chill in comparison to many place in the US in my travels. The crime rate is low and the people are so much more laid back and yes, many who do like to share hehehe

6. you won't regret your decision. i'm a bethlehem, PA native and have live in CO for over 17 years. i LOVE this place. all the things you're looking for in a city are epitomized by denver.

if you're looking to finish college, i would recommend CU Denver, Metro State College of Denver, or DU, depending on your focus and budget.

7. yeah denvers the shit. very chill, almost everyone out here smokes weed pretty, good pot, and theres nowhere you cant go. you can chill in the bad parts of town and not have to worried about being robbed and stabbed :wave:

8. Colorado native for 21 years.....aka my entire life....fucking love this place.... Boulder exceptionally epic because we have a building law that says no buildings (besides buildings that already existed before or have special rule breaking power like the dorms) can not be above 3 stories tall...so you can see the sky from anywhere, the mountains from pretty much anywhere...good sunrise views from...pretty much anywhere (thats the opposite direction of the mountains for those who dont get it cause the east is a pretty boring view unless the sky is showing you something fucking epic as fuck) Colorado has SUPER low light polution so those meteor showers you hear of...are actually visible from anywhere outside of denver/grandjunction/ colorado springs pretty much..... The pot is good throughout the state, but is generally more condensed in quality in the northern parts (boulder/denver/fort collins/greely/loveland due to its passage between boulder and fort collins.....) But.... if you dont like super mega whack winter weather... and late spring and early fall snow... and ridiculously unpredictable flash rain storms and blizzards.... dont come here...you will get your ass fucking kicked by the weather changes..... I fucking love colorado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Lived in Co all my life and would not think of going anywhere else. As a "Wellness center" owner, I would recomend getting here and getting legal ASAP. Starting to tighten the laws up a bit. So make it easy on yourself. :D

10. what dispensary do you own? i'd love to stop by and check you guys out!

11. Pain Wellness Center 25th and Sheridan. We would be happy to have you stop by!!!;)

12. Ya man, I feel that and that's why I am looking to buy. I miss CO, the vibe, the peoples and the earth elements. My friend recommended the same colleges and I am grateful for this info. Peace to you:p

13. I am on the same page....fuckin luvin Colorado and miss my friends there. I feel so grounded there and the peoples are mad chill. Nah, the winter is what I look forward to... NEVER SUMMER!!!! If I could snowboard year round I would but I dig the four seasons though. I could do without the heat but it doesn't last that long. Good looking out and thanx for your reply....Peace:D

14. Ive never been to Colorado, but thats surely on my list of states to visit after college, in addition to New York (for the third time) and a few others. I might look into moving there, just for the beauty of nature. I love seeing the trees, the sky, all that good stuff, and having that In your own backyard would be a dream come true :D

The only thing I'm worried about is the diversity. I'm African American, and female, and I've heard theres a way low count of me over there, lol. Anyone care to give me some info on that??

15. Hahahha well obviously you wont have an issue... I hate when people move here and then complain its too cold and snowy... Why the fuck did you move near the MOUNTAINS then dumbass.... hahahaha

16. I don't think you would have an issue with diversity in race. People seem very open for the most part in denver and up at the lodges. I roll with a very diverse crew of color and sexual orientation and no one seems to care. People are people everywhere you go and unfortunately there is ignorance everywhere to a degree. Go visit and feel it out for yourself, at the worst you will prob. have some fun and meet some good people. Hope this helped
    Peace

17. I live in Missoula Montana and its a really cool town similar to Boulder in many ways. I lived in West Virginia for 13 years and I sort of liked it but the west is way way way better in my opinion.
    And for those of you who don't know West Virginia isn't hillbillys and shit like they show on TV I lived in Morgantown and Charelston and it was heavily populated and diversified. There are some pretty scary coal mining towns but for the most part its like any other eastern state. I hate how everything on TV shows WV like it was in its early history.

Back to my point...Montana is another great state to move if you are looking for MMJ, friendly people, beautiful scenery, and a good music scene. Missoula is like a hippy haven. You can walk down the streets smoking a joint and cops don't care at all. One day I had a cop come up to me and we talked for about an hour about the Slightly Stoopid and Pepper concert the night before(he apparently saw me there) It was one of the coolest experiences of my life. The University of Montana has quite a few great programs depending on what you are into. I went for wildlife biology. The western part of the state is amazing the east is pretty horrible, flat praries lots of grain and no people

Colorado is a very nice state as well I've been to a lot of concerts in Boulder and Red Rocks. Both towns have a really chill atmosphere and I love flying through the Denver Airport. My Dad's best friend lives in Grand Junction and my family went there all the time. Grand Junction is right outside of the Grand Mesa and that is some awe inspiring country.

18. Thanks, that was a big help! I'll be sure to visit soon :D