Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking of getting my card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by everydaysir, Jan 3, 2012.

1. So I never post in this section so I'm sure you guys always get this question.

However, after living in California my whole life and going to school in a state which doesn't allow medical marijuana, is it worth it to get my card ?

I still come back to california for breaks and summer however I'm pretty sure my card won't work in the state I go to college in (Arizona).

Anyway, is it worth it? I found a doctor for around $45 and there are a few dispensaries in my area which still haven't been shut down by the Feds.

BTW-I get prescribed a controlled substance for anxiety and would like to try an alternative way of coping; i've found cannabis has worked recreationally however never given it a thought until I found MMJ, a legal alternative.

Thanks!

2. Cards are relatively easy to get in CA, but that's the catch: they're only good in CA. If you're only over here for a few months at a time, it might be worth it, but the card wouldn't be good in Arizona. As far as I know, AZ has no MMJ laws on the books, but I could be wrong. Best to look it up & make a decision from there.

3. AZ has MMJ...but you need a card from the state you are using it in. In AZ you need to have proven medical history and a docs recommendation. They are stricter with what qualifies in AZ from what I understand. Also, there are no dispensaries, only collectives for donation or grow your own currently.